American dream or American obsession? The economic benefits and costs of homeownership
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Fernando & Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 2010.
"Housing busts and household mobility,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 34-45, July.
- Fernando Ferreira & Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 2008. "Housing busts and household mobility," Staff Reports 350, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Fernando Ferreira & Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 2008. "Housing Busts and Household Mobility," NBER Working Papers 14310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gervais, Martin, 2002. "Housing taxation and capital accumulation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1461-1489, October.
- Genesove, David & Mayer, Christopher J, 1997.
"Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 255-269, June.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1993. "Equity and time to sale in the real estate market," Working Papers 93-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Genesove, D. & Mayer, C.J., 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," Working papers 94-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David Genesove & Christopher J. Mayer, 1994. "Equity and Time to Sale in the Real Estate Market," NBER Working Papers 4861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Satyajit Chatterjee, 1996. "Taxes, homeownership, and the allocation of residential real estate risks," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Sep, pages 3-10.
- William Goetzmann & Matthew Spiegel, 2000. "The Policy Implications of Portfolio Choice in Underserved Mortgage Markets," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm161, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Mar 2001.
- Donald R. Haurin & Susan M. Wachter & Patric H. Hendershott, 1995. "Wealth Accumulation and Housing Choices of Young Households: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 5070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quigley, John M, 1987. "Interest Rate Variations, Mortgage Prepayments and Household Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 636-643, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eileen Diaz McConnell & Ilana Redstone Akresh, 2013. "Home Equity of New Legal Immigrants in the United States: An Evaluation of Three Key Theoretical Perspectives," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 686-729, September.
- Nakamura, Leonard I., 2014. "Brewing bubbles: how mortgage practices intensify housing booms," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue 1, pages 16-24.
- Wenli Li & Susheela Patwari, 2012. "The economics of household leveraging and deleveraging," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q3, pages 9-17.
- Makoto Nakajima, 2011. "Understanding house-price dynamics," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q2, pages 20-28.
- SIERMINSKA Eva & ROSSI Cristina, 2016. "Housing Decisions, Family Types and Gender. A cross-national perspective," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-10, LISER.
- Mariacristina Rossi & Eva Sierminska, 2015. "Housing Decisions, Family Types and Gender. A look across LIS countries," LIS Working papers 654, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Elul, Ronel, 2015. "The government-sponsored enterprises: past and future," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q1, pages 11-20.
- Mariacristina Rossi & Eva Sierminska, 2015. "Housing Decisions, Family Types and Gender: A Look across LIS Countries," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 815, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpbr:y:2010:i:q3:p:20-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.