Cash holdings and bank compensation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bolton & Hamid Mehran & Joel Shapiro, 2015. "Executive Compensation and Risk Taking," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 19(6), pages 2139-2181.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Rangarajan K. Sundaram & David L. Yermack, 2007. "Pay Me Later: Inside Debt and Its Role in Managerial Compensation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1551-1588, August.
- O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), 1999. "Handbook of Labor Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 3, number 3.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010.
Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-102, December.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3277, CESifo.
- Frydman, Carola & Jenter, Dirk, 2010. "CEO Compensation," Research Papers 2069, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," NBER Working Papers 16585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin N. Baily & John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane & Douglas W. Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Kenneth R. French & Anil K. Kashyap & Frederic S. Mishkin & Raghuram Rajan & David S. Scharfstein & Robert, 2013. "Aligning Incentives at Systemically Important Financial Institutions: A Proposal by the Squam Lake Group," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 25(4), pages 37-40, December.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 59-64, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Jinqing & He, Liang & An, Yunbi, 2020. "Measuring banks’ liquidity risk: An option-pricing approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- King, Timothy & Srivastav, Abhishek & Williams, Jonathan, 2016. "What's in an education? Implications of CEO education for bank performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 287-308.
- Eckbo, B. Espen & Thorburn, Karin S. & Wang, Wei, 2016. "How costly is corporate bankruptcy for the CEO?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 210-229.
- Daniel Beck & Gunther Friedl & Peter Schäfer, 2020. "Executive compensation in Germany," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 90(5), pages 787-824, June.
- Koch, Christoffer & Okamura, Ken, 2019. "Why does the FDIC sue?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 255-275.
- Domenico Rocco Cambrea & Stefano Colonnello & Giuliano Curatola & Giulia Fantini, 2019.
"CEO investment of deferred compensation plans and firm performance,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(7-8), pages 944-976, July.
- Cambrea, Domenico Rocco & Colonnello, Stefano & Curatola, Giuliano & Fantini, Giulia, 2019. "CEO investment of deferred compensation plans and firm performance," SAFE Working Paper Series 160, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Mijoo Lee & In Tae Hwang, 2019. "The Effect of the Compensation System on Earnings Management and Sustainability: Evidence from Korea Banks," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-24, June.
- Frydman, Carola & Molloy, Raven S., 2011.
"Does tax policy affect executive compensation? Evidence from postwar tax reforms,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1425-1437.
- Carola Frydman & Raven S. Molloy, 2009. "Does tax policy affect executive compensation? evidence from postwar tax reforms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carola Frydman & Raven S. Molloy, 2011. "Does Tax Policy Affect Executive Compensation? Evidence from Postwar Tax Reforms," NBER Working Papers 16812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cassell, Cory A. & Huang, Shawn X. & Manuel Sanchez, Juan & Stuart, Michael D., 2012. "Seeking safety: The relation between CEO inside debt holdings and the riskiness of firm investment and financial policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 588-610.
- João Paulo Vieito & António Cerqueira & Elísio Brandão & Walayet A. Khan, 2009. "Executive Compensation: the Finance Perspective," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 3-32.
- Jiang, Wei & Liu, Yunguo & Lobo, Gerald J. & Xu, Yue, 2019. "Deferred cash compensation and risk-taking: Evidence from the Chinese banking industry," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 432-448.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry & Ma, Kebin, 2018. "Corporate governance of banks and financial stability," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 327-346.
- Tianyi Ma & Minghui Jiang & Xuchuan Yuan, 2019. "Pay Me Later is Not Always Positively Associated with Bank Risk Reduction—From the Perspective of Long-Term Compensation and Black Box Effect," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Colonnello, Stefano & Curatola, Giuliano & Hoang, Ngoc Giang, 2017.
"Direct and indirect risk-taking incentives of inside debt,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 428-466.
- Colonnello, Stefano & Curatola, Giuliano & Ngoc Giang Hoang, 2016. "Direct and indirect risk-taking incentives of inside debt," SAFE Working Paper Series 60, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Colonnello, Stefano & Curatola, Giuliano & Ngoc Giang Hoang, 2016. "Direct and indirect risk-taking incentives of inside debt," IWH Discussion Papers 20/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Bennett, Rosalind L. & Güntay, Levent & Unal, Haluk, 2015. "Inside debt, bank default risk, and performance during the crisis," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 487-513.
- Darko Tipuric & Danica Bakotic & Marina Lovrincevic, 2013. "Exploring The Link Between Executive Compensation Package And Executives' Pay Satisfaction In Croatian Companies: An Empirical Study," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 9(2), pages 7-16.
- Eufinger, Christian & Gill, Andrej, 2012. "Basel III and CEO compensation: a new regulation attempt after the crisis," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62056, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Paula Faria & Franscisco Vitorino Martins & Elísio Brandão, 2013. "Executive Compensation: Pay-for-Performance in High-Technology Firms," FEP Working Papers 517, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Chesney, Marc & Stromberg, Jacob & Wagner, Alexander F. & Wolff, Vincent, 2020. "Managerial incentives to take asset risk," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Loureiro, Gilberto & Makhija, Anil K. & Zhang, Dan, 2011. "Why Do Some CEOs Work for a One-Dollary Salary?," Working Paper Series 2011-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Stacey Beaumont & Raluca Ratiu & David Reeb & Glenn Boyle & Philip Brown & Alexander Szimayer & Raymond Silva Rosa & David Hillier & Patrick McColgan & Athanasios Tsekeris & Bryan Howieson & Zoltan Ma, 2016. "Comments on Shan and Walter: ‘Towards a Set of Design Principles for Executive Compensation Contracts’," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(4), pages 685-771, December.
More about this item
Keywordsmanagerial incentives; risk management; financial stability; deferred cash compensation;
All these keywords.
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:00032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gabriella Bucciarelli (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.