The parts are more than the whole: separating goods and services to predict core inflation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & Giovanni P. Olivei & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2012.
"Inflation Dynamics When Inflation Is Near Zero,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 83-122, February.
- Michael F. Bryan & Brent Meyer, 2010. "Are some prices in the CPI more forward looking than others? We think so," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, vol. 2010(02), pages 1-6, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joe Seydl & Malcolm Spittler, 2016. "Did globalization flatten the Phillips curve? U.S. consumer price inflation at the sectoral level," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 387-410, July.
- Del Negro, Marco & Lenza, Michele & Primiceri, Giorgio E. & Tambalotti, Andrea, 2020.
"What’s up with the Phillips Curve?,"
Working Paper Series
2435, European Central Bank.
- William Chen & Marco Del Negro & Michele Lenza & Giorgio E. Primiceri & Andrea Tambalotti, 2020. "What’s Up with the Phillips Curve?," Liberty Street Economics 20200918a, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Del Negro, Marco & Lenza, Michele & Primiceri, Giorgio E & Tambalotti, Andrea, 2020. "What's up with the Phillips Curve?," CEPR Discussion Papers 14583, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Del Negro & Michele Lenza & Giorgio E. Primiceri & Andrea Tambalotti, 2020. "What’s up with the Phillips Curve?," NBER Working Papers 27003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward S. Knotek & Saeed Zaman, 2017. "Nowcasting U.S. Headline and Core Inflation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 49(5), pages 931-968, August.
- Cobb, Marcus P A, 2018. "Improving Underlying Scenarios for Aggregate Forecasts: A Multi-level Combination Approach," MPRA Paper 88593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bańbura, Marta & Bobeica, Elena, 2020. "PCCI – a data-rich measure of underlying inflation in the euro area," Statistics Paper Series 38, European Central Bank.
- Tallman, Ellis W. & Zaman, Saeed, 2017.
"Forecasting inflation: Phillips curve effects on services price measures,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 442-457.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Saeed Zaman, 2015. "Forecasting Inflation: Phillips Curve Effects on Services Price Measures," Working Papers (Old Series) 1519, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2019. "Slack and Cyclically Sensitive Inflation," NBER Working Papers 25987, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yasser Abdih & Ravi Balakrishnan & Baoping Shang, 2016. "What is Keeping U.S. Core Inflation Low; Insights from a Bottom-Up Approach," IMF Working Papers 16/124, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard A. Ashley & Randall J. Verbrugge., 2006.
"Mis-Specification in Phillips Curve Regressions: Quantifying Frequency Dependence in This Relationship While Allowing for Feedback,"
e06-11, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard Ashley & Randal Verbrugge, 2019. "Finding a Stable Phillips Curve Relationship: A Persistence-Dependent Regression Mode," Working Papers 201909R, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 08 Apr 2020.
- Antoni Espasa & Eva Senra, 2017. "Twenty-Two Years of Inflation Assessment and Forecasting Experience at the Bulletin of EU & US Inflation and Macroeconomic Analysis," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-1, October.
- Danica Unevska-Andonova, 2018. "Inflation Decomposition Model: Application to Macedonian inflation," Working Papers 2018-06, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oguz Atuk & Cem Aysoy & Mustafa Utku Ozmen & Cagri Sarikaya, 2014. "Turkiyeï¿½de Enflasyonun Is Cevrimlerine Duyarliligi : Cikti Acigina Duyarli TUFE Alt Gruplarinin Saptanmasi," Working Papers 1437, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Hattori, Masazumi & Yetman, James, 2017.
"The evolution of inflation expectations in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 53-68.
- Masazumi Hattori & James Yetman, 2017. "The evolution of inflation expectations in Japan," BIS Working Papers 647, Bank for International Settlements.
- Hattori, Masazumi & Yetman, James, 2017. "The evolution of inflation expectations in Japan," CIS Discussion paper series 662, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kenji Nishizaki & Toshitaka Sekine & Yoichi Ueno, 2014.
"Chronic Deflation in Japan,"
Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 9(1), pages 20-39, January.
- Kenji Nishizaki & Toshitaka Sekine & Yuichi Ueno & Yuko Kawai, 2013. "Chronic deflation in Japan," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Globalisation and inflation dynamics in Asia and the Pacific, volume 70, pages 9-19, Bank for International Settlements.
- James B. Bullard, 2011. "Measuring inflation: the core is rotten," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 93(July), pages 223-234.
- Wolfgang Pollan, 2013. "US Inflation and Crude Oil Prices. An International Perspective," WIFO Working Papers 451, WIFO.
- Julio-Román, Juan Manuel, 2019.
"Estimating the Exchange Rate Pass-Through: A Time-Varying Vector Auto-Regression with Residual Stochastic Volatility Approach,"
21, Red Investigadores de Economía.
- Juan Manuel Julio-Román, 2019. "Estimating the Exchange Rate Pass-Through: A Time-Varying Vector Auto-Regression with Residual Stochastic Volatility Approach," Borradores de Economia 1093, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Macallan, Clare & Taylor, Tim & O'Grady, Tom, 2011. "Assessing the risk to inflation from inflation expectations," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(2), pages 100-110.
- Steven Ambler, 2016. "Toward the Next Renewal of the Inflation-Control Agreement: Questions Facing the Bank of Canada," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 453, July.
- Karol Szafranek & Aleksandra Hałka, 2017.
"Determinants of low inflation in an emerging, small open economy. A comparison of aggregated and disaggregated approaches,"
NBP Working Papers
267, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Aleksandra Halka & Karol Szafranek, 2017. "Determinants of low inflation in emerging, small open economy. Comparison of aggregated and disaggregated approaches," EcoMod2017 10560, EcoMod.
- Choi, Chi-Young & O'Sullivan, Róisín, 2013. "Heterogeneous response of disaggregate inflation to monetary policy regime change: The role of price stickiness," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1814-1832.
- Kazuo Ueda, 2011. "Japan's Deleveraging since the 1990s and the Bank of Japan's Monetary Policy: Some Comparisons with the U.S. Experience since 2007," CARF F-Series CARF-F-259, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Todd E. Clark & Gary Koop, 2018.
"A New Model of Inflation, Trend Inflation, and Long‐Run Inflation Expectations,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 50(1), pages 5-53, February.
- Joshua C. C. Chan & Todd E. Clark & Gary Koop, 2015. "A New Model of Inflation, Trend Inflation, and Long-Run Inflation Expectations," Working Papers (Old Series) 1520, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Millard, Stephen & O'Grady, Tom, 2012. "What do sticky and flexible prices tell us?," Bank of England working papers 457, Bank of England.
- Kumar, Anil & M. Orrenius, Pia, 2016.
"A closer look at the Phillips curve using state-level data,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 47(PA), pages 84-102.
- Anil Kumar & Pia M. Orrenius, 2014. "A closer look at the Phillips curve using state-level data," Working Papers 1409, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Faust, Jon & Wright, Jonathan H., 2013. "Forecasting Inflation," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.),Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 2-56, Elsevier.
- Ivan Petrella & Raffaele Rossi & Emiliano Santoro, 2019.
"Monetary Policy with Sectoral Trade‐Offs,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 121(1), pages 55-88, January.
- Petrella, Ivan & Rossi, Rafaelle & Santoro, Emilio, 2017. "Monetary Policy with Sectoral Trade-offs," EMF Research Papers 14, Economic Modelling and Forecasting Group.
- Ivan Petrella & Raffaele Rossi & Emiliano Santoro, 2017. "Monetary Policy with Sectoral Trade-offs," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 233, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Benjamin Wong, 2015.
"Do Inflation Expectations Propagate the Inflationary Impact of Real Oil Price Shocks?: Evidence from the Michigan Survey,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(8), pages 1673-1689, December.
- Benjamin Wong, 2014. "Inflation Expectations and How it Explains the Inflationary Impact of Oil Price Shocks: Evidence from the Michigan Survey," CAMA Working Papers 2014-45, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Benjamin Wong, 2015. "Do inflation expectations propagate the inflationary impact of real oil price shocks?: Evidence from the Michigan survey," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2015/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Alan K. Detmeister, 2011. "The usefulness of core PCE inflation measures," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2018. "Inflation in Europe after the Great Recession," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 202-213.
- Saeed Zaman, 2019. "Cyclical versus Acyclical Inflation: A Deeper Dive," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue September.
More about this item
KeywordsService industries; Inflation (Finance); Imports - Prices; Labor market; Economic forecasting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednci:y:2013:i:aug:n:v.19no.7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.