A reconstruction of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis adjusted monetary base and reserves
This article summarizes a reconstruction of the adjusted monetary base and adjusted bank reserves of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. The revised figures, based on as much original source data as feasible, include changes to both the monetary (source) base and reserve adjustment magnitude (RAM). The revised figures include the new measure of RAM developed by Anderson and Rasche (2001) that interprets the operation of retail-deposit sweep programs by U.S. banks, beginning in 1994, as economically equivalent to a reduction in statutory reserve requirements. We also present new seasonal adjustment factors that incorporate adjustments for the Y2K-related surge in the monetary base and reserves.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): Sep ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.stls.frb.org/research/order/pubform.html Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albert E. Burger & Robert H. Rasche, 1977. "Revision of the monetary base," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 13-28.
- Richard G. Anderson, 2002. "Retail sweep programs and money demand," Monetary Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993.
"Specification and Analysis of a Monetary Policy Rule for Japan,"
NBER Working Papers
4449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993. "Specification and Analysis of a Monetary Policy Rule for Japan," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 11(2), pages 1-45, December.
- Findley, David F, et al, 1998. "New Capabilities and Methods of the X-12-ARIMA Seasonal-Adjustment Program," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 127-52, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2003:i:sep:p:39-69:n:v.85no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.