Early warning models for bank supervision: Simpler could be better
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arturo Estrella & Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2000. "Capital ratios as predictors of bank failure," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 33-52.
- Gary Whalen, 1991. "A proportional hazards model of bank failure: an examination of its usefulness as an early warning tool," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 21-31.
- Gunther, Jeffery W. & Moore, Robert R., 2003. "Early warning models in real time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1979-2001, October.
- John Krainer & Jose A. Lopez, 2003. "Using equity market information to monitor banking institutions," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan24.
- Rebel Cole & Jeffery Gunther, 1998. "Predicting Bank Failures: A Comparison of On- and Off-Site Monitoring Systems," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 103-117, April.
- Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele, 2002. "Predicting large US commercial bank failures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 361-387.
- Rebel A. Cole & Jeffery W. Gunther, 1995. "FIMS: a new monitoring system for banking institutions," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-15.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 1999. "The role of supervisory screens and econometric models in off-site surveillance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012.
"Forecasting Bank Leverage,"
CAMA Working Papers
2012-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," Research Paper Series 320, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," Working Paper Series 176, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2016. "Forecasting bank leverage: an alternative to regulatory early warning models," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 38-69, August.
- Li, Guo & Shaffer, Sherrill, 2015.
"Reciprocal brokered deposits, bank risk, and recent deposit insurance policy,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 366-384.
- Guo Li & Sherrill Shaffer, 2014. "Reciprocal Brokered Deposits, Bank Risk, and Recent Deposit Insurance Policy," CAMA Working Papers 2014-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:30:y:2017:i:c:p:181-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anatoly Peresetsky & Alexandr Karminsky & Sergei Golovan, 2011. "Probability of default models of Russian banks," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 297-334, November.
- Peresetsky, A. A., 2011. "What factors drive the Russian banks license withdrawal," MPRA Paper 41507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felix Ward, 2014. "Spotting the Danger Zone - Forecasting Financial Crises with Classification Tree Ensembles and Many Predictors," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse01_2014, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Harlan L. Etheridge & Kathy H. Y. Hsu, 2015. "Minimizing the Costs of Using Models to Assess the Financial Health of Banks," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(11), pages 9-18, November.
- Kimmel, Randall K. & Thornton, John H. & Bennett, Sara E., 2016. "Can statistics-based early warning systems detect problem banks before markets?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 190-216.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01281948 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeineb Affes & Rania Hentati-Kaffel, 2016.
"Predicting US banks bankruptcy: logit versus Canonical Discriminant analysis,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Zeineb Affes & Rania Hentati-Kaffel, 2016. "Predicting US banks bankruptcy: logit versus Canonical Discriminant analysis," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16016, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Guo Li & Lee Sanning & Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Statistical Opacity In The U.S. Banking Industry," CAMA Working Papers 2009-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Oet, Mikhail V. & Bianco, Timothy & Gramlich, Dieter & Ong, Stephen J., 2013.
"SAFE: An early warning system for systemic banking risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4510-4533.
- Mikhail V. Oet & Ryan Eiben & Timothy Bianco & Dieter Gramlich & Stephen J. Ong & Jing Wang, 2011. "SAFE: An early warning system for systemic banking risk," Working Paper 1129, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peresetsky, Anatoly, 2013. "Modeling reasons for Russian bank license withdrawal: Unaccounted factors," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 30(2), pages 49-64.
- Shu Hui Lan & Jia Yi Cheng & Sheng Guo, 2016. "How to Build up the Loan - Evaluation System toward Small and Medium Enterprises between Taiwan and China’s Commercial Banks？ The Application for Multi Criteria Decision Making," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(3), pages 121-142, March.
- Casu, Barbara & Clare, Andrew & Saleh, Nashwa, 2011. "Towards a new model for early warning signals for systemic financial fragility and near crises: an application to OECD countries," MPRA Paper 37043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 2007. "Equity duration and convexity when firms can fail or stagnate," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 233-241, December.
- K. Batu Tunay, 2010. "Banking Crises and Early Warning Systems: A Model Suggestion for Turkish Banking Sector," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 4(1), pages 9-46.
- Radu Muntean, 2009. "Early Warning Models for Banking Supervision in Romania," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 39, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- Mehrez Ben Slama & Dhafer Saidane & Hassouna Fedhila, 2012. "How to identify targets in the M&A banking operations? Case of cross-border strategies in Europe by line of activity," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 209-240, February.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2003:i:qiii:p:49-60:n:v.27no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .