A reexamination of the relationship between capacity utilization and inflation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence R. Klein & Virginia Long, 1973. "Capacity Utilization: Concept, Measurement, and Recent Estimates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 743-764.
- Guilkey, David K & Salemi, Michael K, 1982. "Small Sample Properties of Three Tests for Granger-Causal Ordering in a Bivariate Stochastic System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 668-680, November.
- Paul W. Bauer & Mary E. Deily, 1988. "Measuring the unseen: a primer on capacity utilization," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Thomas A. Gittings, 1989. "Capacity utilization and inflation," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 2-9.
- Robert H. Rasche & John A. Tatom, 1977. "The effects of the new energy regime on economic capacity, production, and prices," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 2-12.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1989. "Assessing the Federal Reserve's Measures of Capacity and Utilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 181-242.
- Daniel L. Thornton & Dallas S. Batten, 1984. "Lag length selection and Granger causality," Working Papers 1984-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Roger K. Conway & P.A.V.B. Swamy & John F. Yanagida, 1983. "The impossibility of causality testing," Special Studies Papers 178, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John P. Judd & Bharat Trehan, 1989. "Unemployment-rate dynamics: aggregate-demand and -supply interactions," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 20-37.
- Tatom, John A., 1979. "The meaning and measurement of potential output : A comment on the Perloff and Wachter results," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 165-178, January.
- Haynes, Stephen E & Stone, Joe A, 1985. "A Neglected Method of Separating Demand and Supply in Time Series Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(3), pages 238-243, June.
- Scadding, John L, 1973. "The Sampling Distribution of the Liviatan Estimator of the Geometric Distributed Lag Parameter," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 503-508, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carol Corrado & Joe Mattey, 1997. "Capacity Utilization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 151-167, Winter.
- Niek Nahuis, 2003. "An alternative demand indicator: the 'non-accelerating inflation rate of capacity utilization'," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(11), pages 1339-1344.
- Renata Grzeda Latocha & Gernot Nerb, 2004. "Modelling Short-term Interest Rates in the Euro Area Using Business Survey Data," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2004(1), pages 43-69.
- Richard De Abreu Lourenco & Philip Lowe, 1994. "Demand Shocks, Inflation and the Business Cycle," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9411, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Evan F. Koenig, 1994. "Capacity utilization and the evolution of manufacturing output: a closer look at the "bounce-back effect."," Working Papers 9402, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1990:i:qiii:p:2-12:n:v.26no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.