A reexamination of the relationship between capacity utilization and inflation
A review of the theoretical and empirical relationship between capacity utilization and inflation, employing a two-equation structural model that does not suffer from simultaneity bias and that appears to be stable over time.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): Q III ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert H. Rasche & John A. Tatom, 1977. "The effects of the new energy regime on economic capacity, production, and prices," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 2-12.
- Haynes, Stephen E & Stone, Joe A, 1985. "A Neglected Method of Separating Demand and Supply in Time Series Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(3), pages 238-43, June.
- Scadding, John L, 1973. "The Sampling Distribution of the Liviatan Estimator of the Geometric Distributed Lag Parameter," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 503-08, May.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1989. "Assessing the Federal Reserve's Measures of Capacity and Utilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 181-242.
- John P. Judd & Bharat Trehan, 1989. "Unemployment-rate dynamics: aggregate-demand and -supply interactions," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 20-37.
- Thomas A. Gittings, 1989. "Capacity utilization and inflation," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 2-9.
- Paul W. Bauer & Mary E. Deily, 1988. "Measuring the unseen: a primer on capacity utilization," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Lawrence R. Klein & Virginia Long, 1973. "Capacity Utilization: Concept, Measurement, and Recent Estimates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 743-764.
- Roger K. Conway & P.A.V.B. Swamy & John F. Yanagida, 1983. "The impossibility of causality testing," Special Studies Papers 178, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Guilkey, David K & Salemi, Michael K, 1982. "Small Sample Properties of Three Tests for Granger-Causal Ordering in a Bivariate Stochastic System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 668-80, November.
- Tatom, John A., 1979. "The meaning and measurement of potential output : A comment on the Perloff and Wachter results," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 165-178, January.
- Daniel L. Thornton & Dallas S. Batten, 1984. "Lag length selection and Granger causality," Working Papers 1984-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1990:i:qiii:p:2-12:n:v.26no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.