Financial development and growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Mayer, Colin, 1988. "New issues in corporate finance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1167-1183, June.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1992.
"Technological choice, financial markets and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 763-781, May.
- Saint-Paul, G., 1990. "Technological Choice, Financial Markets and Economic Development," DELTA Working Papers 90-30, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1988. "New issues in corporate finance : Colin Mayer," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1183-1186, June.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990. "Banking Competition and European Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 373, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411-411.
- Sussman, Oren & Zeira, Joseph, 1995. "Banking and Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 1127, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1994. "Market conduct and aggregate excess capacity in banking: a cross- country comparison," Working Papers 93-28/R, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Financial repression and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pengfei Wang & Yi Wen, 2012.
"Hayashi Meets Kiyotaki and Moore: A Theory of Capital Adjustment,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 207-225, April.
- Pengfei Wang & Yi Wen, 2011. "Code files for "Hayashi Meets Kiyotaki and Moore: A Theory of Capital Adjustment Costs"," Computer Codes 10-200, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hung, Fu-Sheng, 2003. "Inflation, financial development, and economic growth," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 45-67.
- Zsolt Becsi & Ping Wang & Mark A. Wynne, 1998. "Costly intermediation and the big push," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Mannonen, Pekka, 2001. "Advancing information technology and financial intermediation," Discussion Papers 770, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Becsi, Zsolt & Li, Victor E. & Wang, Ping, 2005.
"Heterogeneous borrowers, liquidity, and the search for credit,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1331-1360, August.
- Zsolt Becsi & Victor Li & Ping Wang, 2002. "Heterogeneous Borrowers, Liquidity, and the Search for Credit," Departmental Working Papers 2002-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Becsi, Zsolt & Wang, Ping & Wynne, Mark A., 1999. "Costly intermediation, the big push and the big crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 275-293, August.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1142-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zsolt Becsi & Victor E. Li & Ping Wang, 2000.
"Financial matchmakers in credit markets with heterogeneous borrowers,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2000-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Zsolt Becsi & Victor Li & Ping Wang, 2000. "Financial Matchmakers in Credit Markets with Heterogeneous Borrowers," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0032, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011.
"The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Academic Research in Economics,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011. "The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zsolt Becsi & Ping Wang & Mark A. Wynne, 1998. "Endogenous market structures and financial development," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Capasso, Salvatore, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series 102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Santiago Carbó Valverde & Francisco Rodríguez Fernández, 2004. "The finance-growth nexus: a regional perspective," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/44, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Sanchez, Benito & Yu, Jung-Suk, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth: New evidence from panel data,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 88-104, February.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Jung Suk-Yu, 2007. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: New Evidence from Panel Data," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-10, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Been-Lon Chen & Yeong-Yuh Chiang & Ping Wang, 2008. "Credit Market Imperfections and Long-Run Macroeconomic Consequences," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 151-175, May.
- Perera, N. & Paudel, R.C., 2009. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Sri Lanka," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Erick Lahura & Marco Vega, 2017.
"Stock market development and real economic activity in Peru,"
Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 1011-1038, November.
- Lahura, Erick & Vega, Marco, 2014. "Stock market development and real economic activity in Peru," Working Papers 2014-022, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Mikhail Stolbov, 2017.
"Causality between credit depth and economic growth: evidence from 24 OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 493-524, September.
- Stolbov, Mikhail, 2015. "Causality between credit depth and economic growth: Evidence from 24 OECD countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 15/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Fink, Gerhard & Haiss, Peter & Vuksic, Goran, 2009. "Contribution of financial market segments at different stages of development: Transition, cohesion and mature economies compared," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 431-455, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking structure ; Financial institutions ; Financial services industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:1997:i:q4:p:46-62:n:v.82no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.