Race-to-the-Bottom or -Top at Home or Abroad: Health and Safety Standards and the Multinational Firm
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sung, Hongmo & Lapan, Harvey E, 2000.
"Strategic Foreign Direct Investment and Exchange-Rate Uncertainty,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(2), pages 411-423, May.
- Sung, Hongmo & Lapan, Harvey E., 2000. "Strategic Foreign Direct Investment and Exchange Rate Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1335, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Markusen, James R, 1987. "Strategic Investments and the Development of Multinationals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 109-121, February.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 1995.
"Corporate income tax competition, double taxation treaties, and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 311-325, February.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 1992. "Corporate income tax competition, double taxation treaties, and foreign direct investment," Discussion Papers, Series II 194, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Dermot Leahy & Stephen Pavelin, 2004. "Divide and Rule: Geographical Diversification and the Multinational Firm," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 363-374, October.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992. "Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1557-1571, December.
- Matthew A. Cole & Robert J. R. Elliott & Per G. Fredriksson, 2006. "Endogenous Pollution Havens: Does FDI Influence Environmental Regulations?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(1), pages 157-178, March.
- de Meza, David & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1987. "Production Flexibility as a Motive for Multinationality," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 343-351, March.
- Huizinga, Harry, 1990.
"Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 73-75, September.
- Huizinga, H.P., 1990. "Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises," Other publications TiSEM 8cd298e3-9d99-4d59-871e-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Leahy, Dermot & Pavelin, Stephen, 2008. "Playing away to win at home," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 455-468.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 52(2), pages 269-304, June.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters, in: James G. Carrier (ed.), A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1989.
"Strategic Behaviour and the Rules for International Taxation of Capital,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 1099-1111, December.
- Bond, E.W. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Strategic Behavior And The Rules For International Taxation Of Capital," Papers 3-88-10, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Harrison, Ann & Scorse, Jason, 2005. "Improving the conditions of workers? Minimum wage legilsation and anit-sweatshop activism," MPRA Paper 36276, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1992. "Endogenous market structures in international trade (natura facit saltum)," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 109-129, February.
- Eckhard Janeba, 2000. "Tax Competition When Governments Lack Commitment: Excess Capacity as a Countervailing Threat," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1508-1519, December.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 1996. "Foreign direct investment under oligopoly: Profit shifting or profit capturing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 423-445, June.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maoliang Bu & Marcus Wagner, 2016. "Racing to the bottom and racing to the top: The crucial role of firm characteristics in foreign direct investment choices," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(9), pages 1032-1057, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:42:y:2011:i:3:p:289-311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.