Redistribution over the Lifetime in the Irish Tax-Benefit System - An Application of a Prototype Dynamic Microsimulation Model for Ireland
This paper examines the distribution of lifetime income in Ireland. To do this a new prototype dynamic microsimulation model for Ireland is used to generate lifetime income streams. Aggregating over the lifetime we can assess the distribution of lifetime income and the degree of redistribution in the tax-benefit system. In addition to the effect of taxes and benefits, we decompose lifetime income into its components and examine the impact of different life-cycle patterns.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blomquist, N S, 1981. "A Comparison of Distributions of Annual and Lifetime Income: Sweden around 1970," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 27(3), pages 243-64, September.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 2002.
"Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, With Evidence from Rural China,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 93-106, January.
- Jonathan Morduch & Terry Sicular, 1998. "Rethinking Inequality Decomposition, with Evidence from Rural China," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1831, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tim Callan & Brian Nolan, 1990. "Income Distribution and Redistribution: Ireland in Comparative Perspective," Papers WP017, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bjorklund, Anders, 1993. "A Comparison between Actual Distributions of Annual and Lifetime Income: Sweden 1951-89," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(4), pages 377-86, December.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-43, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:32:y:2001:i:3:p:191-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frank Walsh)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.