Direct and Mediated Associations among Audit Quality, Earnings Quality, and Share Price: The Case of Jordan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Augustine O. Okolie, 2014. "Audit Quality and Earnings Response Coefficients of Quoted Companies in Nigeria," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 4(2), pages 1-10.
- Ali Abedalqader Al-Thuneibat & Ream Tawfiq Ibrahim Al Issa & Rana Ahmad Ata Baker, 2011. "Do audit tenure and firm size contribute to audit quality?: Empirical evidence from Jordan," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 317-334, April.
- Mohammad Badrul Muttakin & Arifur Khan & Dessalegn Getie Mihret, 2017. "Business Group Affiliation, Earnings Management and Audit Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4/5), pages 427-444, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Dichev, Ilia D. & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2013. "Earnings quality: Evidence from the field," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 1-33.
- Andreas Charitou & Colin Clubb & Andreas Andreou, 2001. "The Effect of Earnings Permanence, Growth, and Firm Size on the Usefulness of Cash Flows and Earnings in Explaining Security Returns: Empirical Evidence for the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5‐6), pages 563-594, June.
- Ball, Ray & Shivakumar, Lakshmanan, 2005. "Earnings quality in UK private firms: comparative loss recognition timeliness," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 83-128, February.
- Ferdinand T. Siagian & Elok Tresnaningsih, 2011. "The impact of independent directors and independent audit committees on earnings quality reported by Indonesian firms," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 192-207, September.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- Sharad Asthana, 2014. "Abnormal audit delays, earnings quality and firm value in the USA," Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 12(1), pages 21-44, July.
- Andreas Charitou & Colin Clubb & Andreas Andreou, 2001. "The Effect of Earnings Permanence, Growth, and Firm Size on the Usefulness of Cash Flows and Earnings in Explaining Security Returns: Empirical Evidence for the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5-6), pages 563-594.
- Pietro Perotti & Alfred Wagenhofer, 2014. "Earnings Quality Measures and Excess Returns," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5-6), pages 545-571, June.
- Samantha Miles, 2012. "Stakeholder: Essentially Contested or Just Confused?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 285-298, July.
- Konan Chan & Louis K. C. Chan & Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Josef Lakonishok, 2006. "Earnings Quality and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1041-1082, May.
- Brant E. Christensen & Steven M. Glover & Thomas C. Omer & Marjorie K. Shelley, 2016. "Understanding Audit Quality: Insights from Audit Professionals and Investors," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 33(4), pages 1648-1684, December.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Steven Cahan & David Emanuel & Jerry Sun, 2009. "The effect of earnings quality and country-level institutions on the value relevance of earnings," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 371-391, November.
- Yazan Oroud & Md. Aminul Islam & Tunku Salha Tunku Ahmad & Anas Ghazalat, 2019. "Does Audit Quality Moderate the Relationship between Accounting Information and the Share Price? Evidence from Jordan," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(3), pages 58-65, March.
- Khalid Latif & Arshad Ali Bhatti & Abdul Raheman, 2017. "Earnings Quality: A Missing Link between Corporate Governance and Firm Value," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 9(2), pages 255-280, June.
- DeFond, Mark & Zhang, Jieying, 2014. "A review of archival auditing research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 275-326.
More about this item
KeywordsEarnings management; earnings quality; audit quality; share price.;
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:ijebaa:v:viii:y:2020:i:3:p:500-516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marios Agiomavritis) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marios Agiomavritis to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.ijeba.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.