La regulación del tamaño de los lotes habitacionales: un modelo de discriminación de precios
This paper presents a second degree price discrimination model to study regulation on the size of land for housing. The benchmark model considers a monopolist that sells two types of packages: small and large. Among other things, the paper shows that a relevant minimum property land size increases the price of the small package and reduces the price of the large package. Also, that there exists a minimum land size that is optimum from the social point of view. However, under certain conditions, social welfare can be reduced depending on the minimum that the authority sets.
Volume (Year): 25 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1984. "Gaussian Demand and Commodity Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages S211-30, January.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
- Martin, Stephen, 1999.
"Strategic and welfare implications of bundling,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 371-376, March.
- Seidmann, Daniel J, 1991. "Bundling as a Facilitating Device: A Reinterpretation of Leverage Theory," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 491-99, November.
- William James Adams & Janet L. Yellen, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-498.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1985. "Bundling of substitutes or complements," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 101-107, March.
- Chae, Suchan, 1992. "Bundling subscription TV channels : A case of natural bundling," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 213-230, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:25:y:2010:i:2:p:407-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.