A More General Theory of Commodity Bundling
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Pavlov Gregory, 2011. "Optimal Mechanism for Selling Two Goods," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-35, February.
- John Thanassoulis, 2007. "Competitive Mixed Bundling and Consumer Surplus," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 437-467, June.
- Kenneth S. Corts, 1998. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly: All-Out Competition and Strategic Commitment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 306-323, Summer.
- Joshua S. Gans & Stephen P. King, 2006. "PAYING FOR LOYALTY: PRODUCT BUNDLING IN OLIGOPOLY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 43-62, March.
- Giacomo Calzolari & Vincenzo Denicol?, 2013.
"Competition with Exclusive Contracts and Market-Share Discounts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2384-2411, October.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Denicolò, Vincenzo, 2009. "Competition with exclusive contracts and market-share discounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 7613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982. "Commodity Bundling by Single-Product Monopolies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 67-71, April.
- Claudio Lucarelli & Sean Nicholson & Minjae Song, 2010. "Bundling Among Rivals: A Case of Pharmaceutical Cocktails," NBER Working Papers 16321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Gentzkow, 2007. "Valuing New Goods in a Model with Complementarity: Online Newspapers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 713-744, June.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1985. "Bundling of substitutes or complements," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 101-107, March.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1996. "Multiproduct Nonlinear Pricing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Long, John B, Jr, 1984. "Comments on "Gaussian Demand and Commodity Bundling."," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 235-246, January.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
- R. Venkatesh & Wagner Kamakura, 2003. "Optimal Bundling and Pricing under a Monopoly: Contrasting Complements and Substitutes from Independently Valued Products," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(2), pages 211-232, April.
- Duarte Brito & Helder Vasconcelos, 2015. "Interfirm Bundling and Vertical Product Differentiation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 117(1), pages 1-27, January.
- R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan & Michael D. Whinston, 1989. "Multiproduct Monopoly, Commodity Bundling, and Correlation of Values," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 371-383.
- William James Adams & Janet L. Yellen, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ketelaar, Felix & Szalay, Dezsö, 2014. "Pricing a Package of Services - When (not) to bundle," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 487, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Attila Ambrus & Emilio Calvano & Markus Reisinger, 2016.
"Either or Both Competition: A "Two-Sided" Theory of Advertising with Overlapping Viewerships,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 189-222, August.
- Reisinger, Markus & Ambrus, Attila & Calvano, Emilio, 2013. "Either or Both Competition: A "Two-Sided" Theory of Advertising with Overlapping Viewerships," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79912, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Attila Ambrus & Emilio Calvano & Markus Reisinger, 2014. "Either or Both Competition: A "Two-sided" Theory of Advertising with Overlapping Viewerships," CSEF Working Papers 378, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- repec:spr:ijsaem:v:8:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13198-017-0581-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Armstrong, 2016. "Nonlinear Pricing," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 583-614, October.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:1:p:13-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2015.
"Which demand systems can be generated by discrete choice?,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 158(PA), pages 293-307.
- Mark Armstrong & John Vickers, 2014. "Which demand systems can be generated by discrete choice?," Economics Series Working Papers 729, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2015. "Which demand systems can be generated by discrete choice?," MPRA Paper 63439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banciu, M. & Ødegaard, F., 2016. "Optimal product bundling with dependent valuations: The price of independence," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 481-495.
- Yongmin Chen & Tianle Zhang, 2015. "Interpersonal Bundling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(6), pages 1456-1471, June.
- Ketelaar, Felix & Szalay, Dezso, 2014. "Pricing a Package of Services," CEPR Discussion Papers 10313, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexei Alexandrov & Özlem Bedre-Defolie, 2013. "The equivalence of bundling and advance sales," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-13-11, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Steve Berry & Ahmed Khwaja & Vineet Kumar & Andres Musalem & Kenneth Wilbur & Greg Allenby & Bharat Anand & Pradeep Chintagunta & W. Hanemann & Przemek Jeziorski & Angelo Mele, 2014. "Structural models of complementary choices," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 245-256, September.
- Cataldo, Alejandro & Ferrer, Juan–Carlos, 2017. "Optimal pricing and composition of multiple bundles: A two-step approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(2), pages 766-777.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2015.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 158(PB), pages 634-655.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Jean Tirole, "undated". "Liquid Bundles," Working Paper 70971, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2012. "Liquid Bundles," IDEI Working Papers 736, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Oct 2013.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Tirole, Jean, 2012. "Liquid Bundles," TSE Working Papers 12-328, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Oct 2013.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Thanassoulis, John, 2017. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination with Multiple Products," CEPR Discussion Papers 12034, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chen, Yongmin & Li, Jianpei, 2015. "Bundled procurement," MPRA Paper 63423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jong-Hee Hahn & Sang-Hyun Kim, 2016. "Interfirm Bundled Discounts as a Collusive Device," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 255-276, June.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Celik, Levent, 2015. "Product line design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 517-526.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice discrimination; Bundling; Discrete choice; Oligopoly; Common agency;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-10-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-IND-2012-10-13 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2012-10-13 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2012-10-13 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.