Factores de dinámica social asociados al índice de masa corporal en adultos en México
This paper aims to relate factors from social dynamics, form the household and same cohort, with the body mass index (BMI) of adults in Mexico. Using panel data from the National Survey for Households Living (ENNVIH), 2002 and 2005, we model associated factors to BMI, controlling for nutritional, use of time, and illnesses variables. Results show significative effects from the interaction between obesity and overweight in the household and with same groups of age, being consistent with the use of random and fixed effects by individual and households.
Volume (Year): 25 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J. & van Landeghem, Bert, 2009.
"Imitative Obesity and Relative Utility,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4010, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Font, Joan Costa & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan, 2010. "Decomposing cross-country differences in levels of obesity and overweight: Does the social environment matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1185-1193, April.
- Shapiro, Jesse & Glaeser, Edward & Cutler, David, 2003.
"Why Have Americans Become More Obese,"
2640583, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David Cutler & Edward Glaeser & Jesse Shapiro, 2003. "Why Have Americans Become More Obese?," NBER Working Papers 9446, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2003. "Why Have Americans Become More Obese?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1994, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Goode, Alison & Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Smith, Murray, 2008. "Intergenerational Transmission of Healthy Eating Behaviour and the Role of Household Income," IZA Discussion Papers 3535, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Charles F. Manski, 2000.
"Economic Analysis of Social Interactions,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2008.
"The Rise in Obesity across the Atlantic: An Economic Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3529, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giorgio Brunello & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Anna Sanz de Galdeano, 2008. "The Rise in Obesity Across the Atlantic: An Economic Perspective," Working Papers 2008-21, FEDEA.
- Giorgio Brunello & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Anna Sanz-de-Galdeano, 2008. "The Rise in Obesity Across the Atlantic: An Economic Perspective," Working Papers 586, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Henry Saffer, 2002.
"An Economic Analysis of Adult Obesity: Results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,"
NBER Working Papers
9247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry, 2004. "An economic analysis of adult obesity: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 565-587, May.
- Baum II, Charles L. & Ruhm, Christopher J., 2009.
"Age, socioeconomic status and obesity growth,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 635-648, May.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics And Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753, August.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data - or tears : with an application to educational enrollments in states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1994, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:25:y:2010:i:2:p:337-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.