From London to the Continent: Ranking European Economics Departments on the Basis of Prestigious Medals and Awards
This study ranks the top 20 European economics departments on the basis of five prestigious awards won/held by these departments’ current faculty: the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences, the Yrjö Jahnsson Award, the European Economic Association’s Presidency, the European Economic Association’s Alfred Marshall/Joseph Schumpeter Lecturers and the European Economic Association’s Hicks-Tinbergen Medal. Based on our methodology, the London School of Economics is the top economics department in Europe. Rounding out the top three European economics departments are the University of Bonn and the University of Cambridge, respectively.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ekonomia.ucy.ac.cy/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Therese C. Grijalva & Clifford Nowell, 2008. "A Guide to Graduate Study in Economics: Ranking Economics Departments by Fields of Expertise," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 971-996, April.
- Rabah Amir & Malgorzata Knauff, 2008.
"Ranking Economics Departments Worldwide on the Basis of PhD Placement,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 185-190, 08.
- AMIR, Rabah & KNAUFF, Malgorzata, 2005. "Ranking economics departments worldwide on the basis of PhD placement," CORE Discussion Papers 2005051, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rabah, AMIR & Malgorzata, KNAUFF, 2005. "Ranking economics departments worldwide on the basis of PhD placement," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005041, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2008. "Awards in Economics - Towards a New Field of Inquiry," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-33, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2009. "Awards in Economics - Towards a New Field of Inquiry," CESifo Working Paper Series 2515, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2008. "Awards in economics. Towards a new field of inquiry," IEW - Working Papers 401, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Franklin Mixon & Kamal Upadhyaya, 2001. "Ranking economics departments in the US South," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 115-119.
- Franklin G. Mixon Jr & Kamal P. Upadhyaya, 2012. "The Economics Olympics: Ranking U.S. Economics Departments Based on Prizes, Medals, and Other Awards," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 90-96, July.
- Tom Coupé, 2003. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1309-1345, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekn:ekonom:v:14:y:2011:i:2:p:119-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.