Estimating the Black Economy through a Monetary Approach: A Case Study of Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hussain, M. Haider & Ahmed, Qazi Masood, 2006. "Estimating the Black Economy through Monetary Approach: A Case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 8153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hildergart Ahumada & Lorena Garegnani, 1999. "Hodrik – Prescott filter in practice," Económica, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, vol. 0(4), pages 61-76.
- Ghiath Shabsigh, 1995. "The Underground Economy; Estimation, and Economic and Policy Implications: The Case of Pakistan," IMF Working Papers 95/101, International Monetary Fund.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Saten Kumar, 2009.
"Cointegration, structural breaks and the demand for money in Bangladesh,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(10), pages 1277-1283.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Kumar, Saten, 2007. "Cointegration, structural breaks and the demand for money in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 1546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S. & Ravn, M., 1997.
"On Adjusting the H-P Filter for the Frequency of Observations,"
1997-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ravn, Morten O & Uhlig, Harald, 2001. "On Adjusting the HP-Filter for the Frequency of Observations," CEPR Discussion Papers 2858, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2001. "On Adjusting the HP-Filter for the Frequency of Observations," CESifo Working Paper Series 479, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bushra Yasmin & Hira Rauf, 2004. "Measuring the Underground Economy and its Impact on the Economy of Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 93-103, Jul-Dec.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Philip Cagan, 1958.
"The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply, pages 1-37
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga58-1, January.
- Zafar Iqbal & Sarfraz Khan Qureshi & Riaz Mahmood, 1998. "The Underground Economy and Tax Evasion in Pakistan. A Fresh Assessment," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:158, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Bhattacharyya, Dilip K, 1999. "On the Economic Rationale of Estimating the Hidden Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages 348-359, June.
- Mehnaz Ahmed & Qazi Masood Ahmed, 1995. "Estimation of the Black Economy of Pakistan through the Monetary Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 791-807.
- Feige, Edgar L., 1990.
"Defining and estimating underground and informal economies: The new institutional economics approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 989-1002, July.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "Defining And Estimating Underground And Informal Economies: The New Institional Economics Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0312003, EconWPA.
- Bruno Frey & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Informal and underground economy," Economics working papers 2000-04, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2004. "How Big IS the Irregular Economy?," Macroeconomics 0404005, EconWPA.
- repec:mes:challe:v:22:y:1979:i:5:p:5-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Ali Kemal, 2003. "Underground Economy and Tax Evasion in Pakistan A Critical Evaluation," PIDE-Working Papers 2003:184, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Agustín Maravall & Ana del Río, 2001. "Time Aggregation and the Hodrick-Prescott Filter," Working Papers 0108, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Farooq Arby & Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2010.
"The Size of Informal Economy in Pakistan,"
SBP Working Paper Series
33, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Arby, Muhammad Farooq & Malik, Muhammad Jahanzeb & Hanif, Muhammad Nadim, 2010. "The size of informal economy in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 22617, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Farooq Arby & Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2010. "The Size of Informal Economy in Pakistan," Working Papers id:2493, eSocialSciences.
- Awadh Ahmed Mohammed Gamal & Jauhari B.Dahalan, 2015. "Estimating the Size of the Underground Economy in Saudi: Evidence from Gregory-Hansen Cointegration Based Currency Demand Approach," Abstract of Economic, Finance and Management Outlook, Conscientia Beam, vol. 3, pages 1-6.
- Misbah Kiani & Adeel Ahmed & Khalid Zaman, 2015. "Combining qualitative and quantitative approaches for measuring underground economy of Pakistan," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 295-317, January.
More about this item
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eis:articl:108ahmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan Wheatley). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bsntuuk.html .