Developed economy investment promotion agencies and emerging market foreign direct investment: The case of Chinese FDI in Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2013. "Regression Analysis of Count Data," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107667273, October.
- Child, John & Marinova, Svetla, 2014. "The Role of Contextual Combinations in the Globalization of Chinese Firms," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 347-371, November.
- Walder, Andrew G., 2011. "From Control to Ownership: China's Managerial Revolution," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 19-38, March.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Location Determinants of New Foreign-Owned Manufacturing Plants,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 323-351.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1997. "Location determinants of new foreign-owned manufacturing plants," Working Papers 1997-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk & Jean-François Hennart & Arjen Slangen & Roger Smeets, 2010.
"Why and how FDI stocks are a biased measure of MNE affiliate activity,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(9), pages 1444-1459, December.
- Beugelsdijk, S. & Hennart, J.M.A. & Slangen, A.H.L. & Smeets, R., 2010. "Why and how FDI stocks are a biased measure of MNE affiliate activity," Other publications TiSEM 48b61eb8-c39a-4565-8b10-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Luo, Yadong & Xue, Qiuzhi & Han, Binjie, 2010. "How emerging market governments promote outward FDI: Experience from China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 68-79, January.
- Carlos RodrÃguez & Ricardo Bustillo, 2011. "A Critical Revision of the Empirical Literature on Chinese Outward Investment: A New Proposal," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(5), pages 715-733, December.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mehmet Genc, 2008. "Transforming disadvantages into advantages: developing-country MNEs in the least developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 957-979, September.
- Gustavo J. Bobonis & Howard J. Shatz, 2007. "Agglomeration, Adjustment, and State Policies in the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 30-43, February.
- Hennart, J.M.A., 2012. "Emerging market multinationals and the theory of the multinational enterprise," Other publications TiSEM 23818daa-f6ed-4fd6-bca4-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Lim, Sung-Hoon, 2008. "How investment promotion affects attracting foreign direct investment: Analytical argument and empirical analyses," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 39-53, February.
- Marco Sanfilippo, 2010. "Chinese FDI to Africa: What Is the Nexus with Foreign Economic Cooperation?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(S1), pages 599-614.
- Badi Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2005.
"Adaptive Estimation Of Heteroskedastic Error Component Models,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 39-58.
- Baltagi B. & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2004. "Adaptive estimation of heteroskedastic error component model," Working Papers ERMES 0402, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- John Mathews, 2006. "Dragon multinationals: New players in 21 st century globalization," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 5-27, March.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 2010. "Do trade missions increase trade?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 754-775, August.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- Klaus E Meyer & Yuan Ding & Jing Li & Hua Zhang, 2014. "Overcoming distrust: How state-owned enterprises adapt their foreign entries to institutional pressures abroad," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 45(8), pages 1005-1028, October.
- Simcha Ronen & Oded Shenkar, 2013. "Mapping world cultures: Cluster formation, sources and implications," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 44(9), pages 867-897, December.
- Kotabe, Masaaki, 1993. "The promotional roles of the state government and Japanese manufacturing direct investment in the United States," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Wilkinson, Timothy J. & Brouthers, Lance Eliot, 2000. "An Evaluation of State Sponsored Promotion Programs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 229-236, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 127-183.
- Chensheng Xu & Feng Yao & Fan Zhang, 2015. "An Investigation of Confucius Instituteâ€™s Effects on Chinaâ€™s OFDI via Cultural Difference and Institutional Quality," Working Papers 15-45, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Zhang, Yanlong & Zhao, Wei & Ge, Jianhua, 2016. "Institutional duality and political strategies of foreign-invested firms in an emerging economy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 451-462.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment promotion agency; Emerging market; Psychic distance; China; Canada; FDI;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:50:y:2015:i:4:p:815-825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.