Openness, Growth and Poverty: The Case of Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"How Have the World's Poorest Fared since the Early 1980s?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 141-169.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "How Have the World's Poorest Fared Since the Early 1980s?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3341, The World Bank.
- Jagdish Bhagwati, 2002. "Trade and Poverty in the Poor Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 180-183, May.
- Lopez, J. Humberto, 2004. "Pro-growth, pro-poor : is there a tradeoff?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3378, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- Klein, Michael & Aaron, Carl & Hadjimichael, Bita, 2001. "Foreign direct investment and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2613, The World Bank.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 2004. "Does globalization hurt the poor?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 21-51, March.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Michalopoulos, Constantine & Schiff, Maurice & Tarr, David, 2001. "Trade policy reform and poverty alleviation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2733, The World Bank.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004. "Trade, Growth, and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 22-49, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777, April.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2011.
"Trade Liberalisation and The Poverty of Nations: A Review Article,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(3), pages 533-543.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2010. "Trade Liberalisation and The Poverty of Nations: A Review Article," Departmental Working Papers 2010-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Christopher Selvarajah, 2014. "Foreign aid imperatives in the Greater Mekong Subregion: case studies of Australian, Japanese and Thai Aid Coordination," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 21(1), pages 23-65, June.
- Magombeyi, Mercy T & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2017. "Does foreign investment reduce poverty?Empirical evidence from Tanzania," Working Papers 22562, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Magombeyi, Mercy Tsitsi & Odhiambo, Nicholas Mbaya, 2017. "Dynamic impact of FDI inflows on poverty reduction:Empirical evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 22006, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Ke-Mei Chen & Te-Mu Wang, 2015. "Determinants of Poverty Status in Taiwan: A Multilevel Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(2), pages 371-389, September.
- Kelbore, Zerihun Getachew, 2015. "Trade Openness, Structural Transformation, and Poverty Reduction: Empirical Evidence from Africa," MPRA Paper 65537, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Jul 2015.
- Zaman, Khalid & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Ahmad, Mehboob, 2012. "The relationship between foreign direct investment and pro-poor growth policies in Pakistan: The new interface," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1220-1227.
- Gnègnè, Yacouba, 2009. "Adjusted net saving and welfare change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1127-1139, February.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Chi-Chuan Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2015. "Globalization, Economic Growth and Institutional Development in China," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 31-63, March.
- repec:spd:journl:v:67:y:2017:i:2:p:101-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chao-Hsi Huang & Kai-Fang Teng & Pan-Long Tsai, 2010. "Inward and outward foreign direct investment and poverty: East Asia vs. Latin America," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 146(4), pages 763-779, December.
- Haq, Munshi Masudul, 2008. "Growth and openness: empirical evidence from Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 35732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hung, Chih-Young & Chiang, Yi-Hui, 2009. "Does an upper limit on foreign direct investment matter?: The case of Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 549-560, September.
- Babajide Fowowe & Mohammed Shuaibu, 2014. "Is foreign direct investment good for the poor? New evidence from African countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 321-339, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:11:p:1858-1871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.