Networks, distance, and trust: Telecommunications Development and changing trading practices in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1996. "The enforcement of commercial contracts in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 427-448, March.
- Lyon, Fergus, 2000. "Trust, Networks and Norms: The Creation of Social Capital in Agricultural Economies in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 663-681, April.
- Minten, Bart & Kyle, Steven, 1999. "The effect of distance and road quality on food collection, marketing margins, and traders' wages: evidence from the former Zaire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 467-495, December.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright, 2005. "Fostering Sustainable Complexity In The Microfinance Industry: Which Way Forward?," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 5-12, June.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 1998. "Trust and inter-firm relations in developing and transition economies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 32-61.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorward, Leejiah J., 2012. "Where are the best opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the food system (including the food chain)? A comment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 463-466.
- Matthias Kalkuhl & Lukas Kornher & Matthias Kalkuhl & Irfan Mujahid, 2015. "Food price volatility in developing countries – the role of trade and storage," EcoMod2015 8415, EcoMod.
- Surabhi Mittal & Sanjay Gandhi & Gaurav Tripathi, "undated". "Socio-Economic Impact of Mobile Phones on Indian Agriculture," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 246, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Kyeong Ho Lee & Marc F. Bellemare, 2013.
"Look Who's Talking: The Impacts of the Intrahousehold Allocation of Mobile Phones on Agricultural Prices,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 624-640, May.
- Lee, Kyeong Ho & Bellemare, Marc F., 2012. "Look who's talking: the impacts of the intrahousehold allocation of mobile phones on agricultural prices," MPRA Paper 38908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard A. Duncombe, 2014. "Understanding the Impact of Mobile Phones on Livelihoods in Developing Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(5), pages 567-588, September.
- World Bank, 2008. "Managing the Miombo Woodlands of Southern Africa : Policies, Incentives and Options for the Rural Poor, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19519, The World Bank.
- Ben Gilbert & Bee Hong Yeo, 2014. "Technological Change and Managerial Ability: Evidence from a Malaysian Artisanal Fishery," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(2), pages 352-371.
- Mather, David & Boughton, Duncan & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "Smallholder Heterogeneity and Maize Market Participation in Southern and Eastern Africa: Implications for Investment Strategies to Increase Marketed Food Staple Supply," Food Security International Development Working Papers 118473, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi, 2009. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1887-1896, December.
- Animashaun, Jubril Olayinka & Fakayode, S.B. & Ayinde, Opeyemi Eyitayo, 2013. "Information Flow along Catfish Marketing Channels in Nigeria: Whither the Role of Mobile Telephony?," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160552, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:6:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-018-0115-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wouter Zant, 2017. "Impact of Mobile Phones on Staple Food Markets in Mozambique: Improved Arbitrage or Increased Rent Extraction?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-021/V, Tinbergen Institute, revised 26 Jan 2018.
- repec:bla:devpol:v:35:y:2017:i:3:p:315-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mittal, Surabhi & Mehar, Mamta, 2012. "How Mobile Phones Contribute to Growth of Small Farmers? Evidence from India," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 51(3), pages 1-18, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:7:p:1301-1315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.