A theory of privatization, or why bureaucrats are still in business
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. M. Sappington & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Privatization, information and incentives," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 567-585.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1991. "Economic Perspectives on Privatization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 111-132, Spring.
- Shapiro, C. & Willing, D.R., 1990. "Economic Rationales For The Scope Of Privatization," Papers 41, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geddes, R. Richard & Wagner, Benjamin L., 2013. "Why do U.S. states adopt public–private partnership enabling legislation?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 30-41.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01a21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kira Boerner, 2004. "The Political Economy of Privatization: Why Do Governments Want Reforms?," Working Papers 2004.106, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Hailemariam, Stifanos & Eije, Henk von & Werf, Jos van der, 2002. "Is there a Â´privatization trapÂ´? : the case of the manufacturing industries in Eritrea," Research Report 02A04, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Germà Bel, 2006.
"Against the mainstream, nazi privatization in 1930s Germany,"
IREA Working Papers
200607, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Germa Manel Bel Queralt, 2006. "Against the mainstream: Nazi privatization in 1930s Germany," Working Papers in Economics 162, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Simrit Kaur, 2004. "Privatization And Public Enterprise Reform: A Suggestive Action Plan," ASARC Working Papers 2004-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Institutions and government controls," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 197-229, December.
- Börner, Kira Astrid, 2005. "Political Institutions and Incentives for Economic Reforms," Munich Dissertations in Economics 3165, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Guy S. & Sun, Pei & Woo, Wing Thye, 2006. "The Political Economy of Chinese-Style Privatization: Motives and Constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2016-2033, December.
- Börner, Kira, 2004. "The Political Economy of Privatization," Discussion Papers in Economics 296, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hailemariam, Stifanos & Eije, Henk van, 2001. "The impact of slow privatisation in the beverage and textile industry in Eritrea," Research Report 01A21, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hadi Salehi Esfahani & Ali Toossi Ardakani, 2002. "What Determines the Extent of Public Ownership," Working Papers 0205, Economic Research Forum, revised 07 Feb 2002.
- Jalilian, Hossein & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2007. "The Impact of Regulation on Economic Growth in Developing Countries: A Cross-Country Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Jean-Jacques Rosa & Edouard Pérard, 2010. "When to privatize? When to nationalize? A competition for ownership approach," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 110-132, February.
- Topalli, Margerita & Ivanaj, Silvester, 2016. "Mapping the evolution of the impact of economic transition on Central and Eastern European enterprises: A co-word analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 744-759.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:02a04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2012. "The choice of domestic policies in a globalized economy: Extended Version," MPRA Paper 37816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eyyuboglu, E. Mustafa, 2006. "Effects of privatization: A case study from Cayirhan coal district, Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3017-3026, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:1:p:157-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.