Marketing the third world: The contradictions of portfolio investment in the global economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995.
"Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 162-172, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, James Tobin, and Charles Wyplosz., 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-045, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233396, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Wolff, Richard D, 1970. "Modern Imperialism: The View from the Metropolis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 225-230, May.
- Summers, L.H. & Summers, V.P., 1989. "When Financial Markets Work Too Well : A Cautious Case For A Securities Transactions Tax," Papers t12, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Craig S. Hakkio, 1994. "Should we throw sand in the gears of financial markets?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 17-30.
- Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos, 1985. "Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-24.
- Reisen, Helmut, 1993. "Capital flows and their effect on the monetary base," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- John Mullin, 1993. "Emerging equity markets in the global economy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 54-83.
- Haggard, Stephan & Maxfield, Sylvia, 1996. "The political economy of financial internationalization in the developing world," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(01), pages 35-68, December.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Alejandro Werner, 1994. "Mexico: Stabilization, Reform, and No Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(1), pages 253-316.
- Paul Krugman & C. Fred Bergsten & Rudiger Dornbusch & Jacob A. Frenkel & Charles P. Kindleberger, 1991. "International Aspects of Financial Crises," NBER Chapters,in: The Risk of Economic Crisis, pages 85-134 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frieden, Jeffry A., 1991. "Invested interests: the politics of national economic policies in a world of global finance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 425-451, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:544-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rogerio Andrade & Daniela Prates, 2013. "Exchange rate dynamics in a peripheral monetary economy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 399-416.
- Yan Liang, 2011. "Money-manager capitalism, capital flows and development in emerging market economies: a Post-Keynesian Institutionalist analysis," Chapters,in: Financial Instability and Economic Security after the Great Recession, chapter 9, pages 179-201 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fernando Ferrari-Filho & Luiz Fernando De Paula, 2008. "Exchange rate regime proposal for emerging countries: a Keynesian perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 227-248, December.
- Agbloyor, Elikplimi Komla & Abor, Joshua & Adjasi, Charles Komla Delali & Yawson, Alfred, 2013. "Exploring the causality links between financial markets and foreign direct investment in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 118-134.
- M Cruz, 2003. "A Minskyian Crisis: An Application to the 1994-95 Mexican Experience," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0325, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Haider Ali Khan, 2003. "General Conclusions: From Crisis to A Global Political Economy of Freedom," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-192, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J., 1998. "Stock markets in Africa: Emerging lions or white elephants?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 829-843, May.
- Moritz Cruz & Bernard Walters, 2008. "Is the accumulation of international reserves good for development?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 665-681, September.
- Erinc Yeldan, 2007. "Patterns of Adjustment under the Age of Finance: The Case of Turkey as a Peripheral Agent of Neoliberal Globalization," Working Papers wp126, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Andrew Sumner, 2006. "Why Are We Still Arguing about Globalisation," Working Papers id:538, eSocialSciences.
- Daniela Magalhães Prates & Luiz Fernanda De Paula & Barbara Fritz, 2016. "Keynes At The Periphery: Currency Hierarchy And Challenges For Economic Policy In Emerging Economies," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 110, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Fernando Ferrari Filho & Luiz Fernando de Paula, 2008. "Exchange Rate Policy and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: a proposal based on Keynes’ ideas and keynesian approach," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200806251450360, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:11:p:1761-1776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .