Subways near the subway: Rail transit and neighborhood catering businesses in Beijing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jenny Schuetz, 2015.
"Do rail transit stations encourage neighbourhood retail activity?,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(14), pages 2699-2723, November.
- Jenny Schuetz, 2014. "Do Rail Transit Stations Encourage Neighborhood Retail Activity?," Working Paper 9243, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Edward L. Glaeser, Jed Kolko, and Albert Saiz, 2001.
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 27-50, January.
- Ed Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," NBER Working Papers 7790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1901, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey H. Fischer & Joseph E. Harrington Jr., 1996. "Product Variety and Firm Agglomeration," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 281-309, Summer.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013.
"Does Government Investment in Local Public Goods Spur Gentrification? Evidence from Beijing,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2011. "Does Government Investment in Local Public Goods Spur Gentrification? Evidence from Beijing," NBER Working Papers 17002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bowes, David R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 2001. "Identifying the Impacts of Rail Transit Stations on Residential Property Values," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, July.
- Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2007.
"The Impact of Railway Stations on Residential and Commercial Property Value: A Meta-analysis,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 161-180, August.
- Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2004. "The Impact of Railway Stations on Residential and Commercial Property Value: a Meta Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-023/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Porsse, Alexandre A. & Van Leeuwen, Eveline S. & Vieira, Renato S., 2015. "The underground economy: Tracking the higher-order economic impacts of the São Paulo Subway System," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 18-30.
- Bollinger, Christopher R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 1997. "The Impact of Rapid Rail Transit on Economic Development: The Case of Atlanta's MARTA," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 179-204, September.
- Daniel J. Graham, 2007. "Agglomeration, Productivity and Transport Investment," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 317-343, September.
- Mohammad, Sara I. & Graham, Daniel J. & Melo, Patricia C. & Anderson, Richard J., 2013. "A meta-analysis of the impact of rail projects on land and property values," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 158-170.
- Mejia-Dorantes, Lucia & Lucas, Karen, 2014. "Public transport investment and local regeneration: A comparison of London׳s Jubilee Line Extension and the Madrid Metrosur," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 241-252.
- Anping Chen & Marlon Boarnet & Mark Partridge & Siqi Zheng & Weizeng Sun & Rui Wang, 2014. "Land Supply And Capitalization Of Public Goods In Housing Prices: Evidence From Beijing," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 550-568, September.
- Sun, Weizeng & Zheng, Siqi & Wang, Rui, 2015. "The capitalization of subway access in home value: A repeat-rentals model with supply constraints in Beijing," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 104-115.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1972. "The optimal size of market areas," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 154-173, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonas Eliasson & Fredrik Kopsch & Svante Mandell & Mats Wilhelmsson, 2020. "Transport Mode and the Value of Accessibility–A Potential Input for Sustainable Investment Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-14, March.
- Xuan Sun & Weikai Wang & Tao Sun & Ya Ping Wang, 2018. "Understanding the Living Conditions of Chinese Urban Neighborhoods through Social Infrastructure Configurations: The Case Study of Tianjin," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, September.
- Tan, Ronghui & He, Qingsong & Zhou, Kehao & Xie, Peng, 2019. "The effect of new metro stations on local land use and housing prices: The case of Wuhan, China," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-1.
- Wu, Wenjie & Wang, Jianghao & Li, Chengyu & Wang, Mark, 2016. "The geography of city liveliness and consumption: evidence from location-based big data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 83642, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chengyu Li & Mark Wang & Jianghao Wang & Wenjie Wu, 2016. "The Geography of City Liveliness and Land Use Configurations: Evidence from Location-Based Big Data in Beijing," SERC Discussion Papers 0201, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Ciyun Lin & Kang Wang & Dayong Wu & Bowen Gong, 2020. "Passenger Flow Prediction Based on Land Use around Metro Stations: A Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-23, August.
More about this item
KeywordsSubway; Catering; Local consumer amenity; Beijing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:51:y:2016:i:c:p:81-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.