Selection behavior of the global container shipping industry for carrier-owned and leased containers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dong-Ping Song & Jonathan Carter, 2009. "Empty container repositioning in liner shipping1," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 291-307, August.
- Yu Hsing, 1996. "An empirical estimation of regional production functions for the U.S. manufacturing industry," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 30(4), pages 351-358.
- FitzRoy, Felix & Funke, Michael, 1995. "Capital-Skill Complementarity in West German Manufacturing," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 651-665.
- Wu, Wei-Ming, 2009. "An approach for measuring the optimal fleet capacity: Evidence from the container shipping lines in Taiwan," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 118-126, November.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Swanson, Joseph A, 1981. "Productivity Growth, Scale Economies, and Capacity Utilization in U.S. Railroads, 1955-74," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 994-1002, December.
- Liu, Cong & Jiang, Zhibin & Liu, Liming & Geng, Na, 2013. "Solutions for flexible container leasing contracts with options under capacity and order constraints," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 403-413.
- Henningsen, Arne & Henningsen, Géraldine, 2012. "On estimation of the CES production function—Revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 67-69.
- Dong, Jing-Xin & Song, Dong-Ping, 2009. "Container fleet sizing and empty repositioning in liner shipping systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 860-877, November.
- Xu, Yingfeng, 1999. "Agricultural productivity in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 108-121.
- Daly, Michael J. & Someshwar Rao, P. & Geehan, Randall, 1985. "Productivity, scale economies and technical progress in the Canadian life insurance industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 345-361, September.
- Thursby, Jerry G & Lovell, C A Knox, 1978. "An Investigation of the Kmenta Approximation to the CES Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 363-377, June.
- Kim, Moshe & Sachish, Arie, 1986. "The Structure of Production, Technical Change and Productivity in a Port," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 209-223, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheng, Jianfeng & Sun, Zhuo & Zhang, Fangjun, 2016. "Measuring the perceived container leasing prices in liner shipping network design with empty container repositioning," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 123-140.
More about this item
KeywordsContainer leasing; Container shipping; Elasticity of substitution; Perfect substitute; Fixed proportions technology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:37:y:2015:i:c:p:11-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.