The Structure of Production, Technical Change and Productivity in a Port
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 35 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0022-1821|
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Enrico Musso, 2011. "A Multi-step Approach to Model the Relative Efficiency of European Ports: The Role of Regulation and Other Non-discretionary Factors," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Maritime Economics, chapter 18 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- González, MarIÂ´a Manuela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008.
"Reforms and infrastructure efficiency in Spain's container ports,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 243-257, January.
- Gonzalez, Maria Manuela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2005. "Reforms and infrastructure efficiency in Spain's container ports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3515, The World Bank.
- Kaselimi, Evangelia N. & Notteboom, Theo E. & Pallis, Athanasios A. & Farrell, Sheila, 2011. "Minimum Efficient Scale (MES) and preferred scale of container terminals," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 71-80.
- Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002. "Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 545-560, April.
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002. "Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43983, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Wang, Teng-Fei, 2006. "Chapter 23 Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and Improving Container Port Efficiency," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 517-566, January.
- Bichou, Khalid, 2006. "Chapter 24 Review of Port Performance Approaches and a Supply Chain Framework to Port Performance Benchmarking," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 567-598, January.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Song, Dong-Wook, 2006. "Estimating the Relative Efficiency of European Container Ports: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 85-115, January.
- Yip, Tsz Leung & Sun, Xin Yu & Liu, John J., 2011. "Group and individual heterogeneity in a stochastic frontier model: Container terminal operators," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(3), pages 517-525, September.
- Núñez-Sánchez, Ramón & Jara-Díaz, Sergio & Coto-Millán, Pablo, 2011. "Public regulation and passengers importance in port infrastructure costs," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 653-666, August.
- Heaver, Trevor, 2006. "The Evolution and Challenges of Port Economics," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-41, January.
- Rich, Daniel P., 2004. "6. Productivity, Technical Change And Labor Relations In Transportation Industries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 109-135, January.
- Pablo Coto-Millán & Pedro Casares-Hontañón & Rubén Sainz González & Ingrid Mateo Mantecón & Manuel Agüeros & Alfonso Badiola & Juan Castanedo & Miguel Ángel Pesquera, 2016. "Regulation, competition, crisis and technical efficiency of companies operating in Spanish ports (2002–2011)," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 18(3), pages 282-294, September.
- Talley, Wayne K., 2006. "Optimum Port Throughput," 47th Annual Transportation Research Forum, New York, New York, March 23-25, 2006 208010, Transportation Research Forum.
- Beatriz Tovar de la Fe & Sergio Jara-Díaz & Lourdes Trujillo Castellano, 2004. "Funciones de producción y costes y su aplicación al sector portuario. Una revisión de la literatura," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2004-06, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Chang, Víctor & Tovar, Beatriz, 2014. "Efficiency and productivity changes for Peruvian and Chilean ports terminals: A parametric distance functions approach," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 83-94.
- Wu, Wei-Ming & Lin, Jenn-Rong, 2015. "Productivity growth, scale economies, ship size economies and technical progress for the container shipping industry in Taiwan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-16.
- Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2001. "Technical efficiency gains from port reform : the potential for yardstick competition in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2637, The World Bank.
- Jara-Diaz, Sergio R. & Martinez-Budria, Eduardo & Diaz-Hernández, Juan José, 2006. "Multiple Outputs in Port Cost Functions," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 67-84, January.
- Wu, Wei-Ming & Lin, Tsan-Hwan, 2015. "Selection behavior of the global container shipping industry for carrier-owned and leased containers," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 11-19.
- Talley, Wayne K., 2006. "Chapter 22 Port Performance: An Economics Perspective," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 499-516, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:35:y:1986:i:2:p:209-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed