Union compensation following intrastate deregulation: Evidence from the US trucking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Beilock & James Freeman, 1984. "Florida Motor Carrier Deregulation: Perspectives of Urban and Rural Shipper/Receivers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(1), pages 91-98.
- John S. Ying & Theodore E. Keeler, 1991.
"Pricing in a Deregulated Environment: The Motor Carrier Experience,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(2), pages 264-273, Summer.
- Ying, John S. & Keeler, Theodore E., 1989. "Pricing in a Deregulated Environment: The Motor Carrier Experience," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7nt863pd, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry T. Hirsch, 1988. "Trucking Regulation, Unionization, and Labor Earnings: 1973-85," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 296-319.
- Barry T. Hirsch & Edward J. Schumacher, 2004.
"Match Bias in Wage Gap Estimates Due to Earnings Imputation,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 689-722, July.
- Hirsch, Barry & Schumacher, Edward J., 2003. "Match Bias in Wage Gap Estimates Due to Earnings Imputation," IZA Discussion Papers 783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kevin E. Henrickson & Wesley W. Wilson, 2008. "Compensation, Unionization, and Deregulation in the Motor Carrier Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 153-177, February.
- Hirsch, Barry T, 1993. "Trucking Deregulation and Labor Earnings: Is the Union Premium a Compensating Differential?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 279-301, April.
- Blair, Roger D & Kaserman, David L & McClave, James T, 1986. "Motor Carrier Deregulation: The Florida Experiment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 159-164, February.
- Rose, Nancy L, 1987. "Labor Rent Sharing and Regulation: Evidence from the Trucking Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1146-1178, December.
- Teske, Paul & Best, Samuel & Mintrom, Michael, 1994. "The Economic Theory of Regulation and Trucking Deregulation: Shifting to the State Level," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(3-4), pages 247-256, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRegulatory rent; Intrastate regulation; For-hire trucking; Union wage premium; Non-wage compensation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:24:y:2012:i:c:p:10-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.