Estimating the bus user time benefits of implementing a median busway: Methodology and case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tirachini, Alejandro & Hensher, David A., 2011. "Bus congestion, optimal infrastructure investment and the choice of a fare collection system in dedicated bus corridors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 828-844, June.
- Mohring, Herbert, 1972. "Optimization and Scale Economies in Urban Bus Transportation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 591-604, September.
- Leonardo J. Basso & Hugo E. Silva, 2014. "Efficiency and Substitutability of Transit Subsidies and Other Urban Transport Policies," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 1-33, November.
- Tirachini, Alejandro, 2014. "The economics and engineering of bus stops: Spacing, design and congestion," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 37-57.
- Steven I. Chien * & Zhaoqiong Qin, 2004. "Optimization of bus stop locations for improving transit accessibility," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 211-227, June.
- S. C. Wirasinghe & L. Kattan & M. M. Rahman & J. Hubbell & R. Thilakaratne & S. Anowar, 2013. "Bus rapid transit - a review," International Journal of Urban Sciences, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Ibeas, Ángel & dell'Olio, Luigi & Alonso, Borja & Sainz, Olivia, 2010. "Optimizing bus stop spacing in urban areas," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 446-458, May.
- David Hensher & Thomas Golob, 2008. "Bus rapid transit systems: a comparative assessment," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 501-518, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gschwender, Antonio & Munizaga, Marcela & Simonetti, Carolina, 2016. "Using smart card and GPS data for policy and planning: The case of Transantiago," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 242-249.
More about this item
KeywordsTravel time; Buses; Bus rapid transit; Busway time benefits; Dedicated bus lanes; Access time;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:84:y:2016:i:c:p:72-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.