Bus rapid transit systems: a comparative assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hensher, David A., 2007. "Sustainable public transport systems: Moving towards a value for money and network-based approach and away from blind commitment," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 98-102, January.
- Edwards, Marion & Mackett, Roger L, 1996. "Developing new urban public transport systems : An irrational decision-making process," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 225-239, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gibson, Jaime & Munizaga, Marcela A. & Schneider, Camila & Tirachini, Alejandro, 2016. "Estimating the bus user time benefits of implementing a median busway: Methodology and case study," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 72-82.
- Tirachini, Alejandro & Hensher, David A. & Jara-Díaz, Sergio R., 2010. "Comparing operator and users costs of light rail, heavy rail and bus rapid transit over a radial public transport network," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 231-242.
- Hensher, David A. & Li, Zheng & Mulley, Corinne, 2014. "Drivers of bus rapid transit systems – Influences on patronage and service frequency," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 159-165.
- John Stanley & David Hensher, 2009. "Urban Transport in Australia: Has It Reached Breaking Point?," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(2), pages 190-200.
- Deng, Taotao & Nelson, John D., 2013. "Bus Rapid Transit implementation in Beijing: An evaluation of performance and impacts," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 108-113.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:60:y:2016:i:c:p:44-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Murakami, Jin, 2010. "The Transit-Oriented Global Centers for Competitiveness and Livability: State Strategies and Market Responses in Asia," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt19034785, University of California Transportation Center.
- Currie, Graham & Delbosc, Alexa, 2011. "Understanding bus rapid transit route ridership drivers: An empirical study of Australian BRT systems," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 755-764, September.
- Sivakumaran, Karthik & Li, Yuwei & Cassidy, Michael & Madanat, Samer, 2014. "Access and the choice of transit technology," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 204-221.
- Murakami, Jin, 2010. "The Transit-Oriented Global Centers for Competitiveness and Livability: State Strategies and Market Responses in Asia," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt44g9t8mj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Rizvi, Andrea & Sclar, Elliott, 2014. "Implementing bus rapid transit: A tale of two Indian cities," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 194-204.
- Tirachini, Alejandro & Hensher, David A., 2011. "Bus congestion, optimal infrastructure investment and the choice of a fare collection system in dedicated bus corridors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 828-844, June.
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:75-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dorina Pojani & Dominic Stead, 2015. "Sustainable Urban Transport in the Developing World: Beyond Megacities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-22, June.
- Wan, Dan & Kamga, Camille & Liu, Jun & Sugiura, Aaron & Beaton, Eric B., 2016. "Rider perception of a “light” Bus Rapid Transit system - The New York City Select Bus Service," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 41-55.
More about this item
KeywordsBus rapid transit; Comparative analysis; Infrastructure costs; Service levels;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:35:y:2008:i:4:p:501-518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.