Assessing the cost of transfer inconvenience in public transport systems: A case study of the London Underground
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Menghini, G. & Carrasco, N. & Schüssler, N. & Axhausen, K.W., 2010. "Route choice of cyclists in Zurich," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 754-765, November.
- Hine, J. & Scott, J., 2000. "Seamless, accessible travel: users' views of the public transport journey and interchange," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 217-226, July.
- Azevedo, JoseAugusto & Santos Costa, Maria Emilia O. & Silvestre Madeira, Joaquim Joao E. R. & Vieira Martins, Ernesto Q., 1993. "An algorithm for the ranking of shortest paths," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 97-106, August.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Liu, Henry X. & Recker, Will & Chen, Anthony, 2004. "Uncovering the contribution of travel time reliability to dynamic route choice using real-time loop data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 435-453, July.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Pulugurta, Vamsi, 1998. "A comparison of two alternative behavioral choice mechanisms for household auto ownership decisions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Shlomo Bekhor & Moshe Ben-Akiva & M. Ramming, 2006. "Evaluation of choice set generation algorithms for route choice models," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 235-247, April.
- Shafahi, Yousef & Khani, Alireza, 2010. "A practical model for transfer optimization in a transit network: Model formulations and solutions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 377-389, July.
- Rietveld, P. & Bruinsma, F. R. & van Vuuren, D. J., 2001. "Coping with unreliability in public transport chains: A case study for Netherlands," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 539-559, July.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Guihaire, Valérie & Hao, Jin-Kao, 2008. "Transit network design and scheduling: A global review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1251-1273, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Kyung Min & Hong, Sung-Pil & Ko, Suk-Joon & Kim, Dowon, 2015. "Does crowding affect the path choice of metro passengers?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 292-304.
- Cats, Oded & Koutsopoulos, Haris N. & Burghout, Wilco & Toledo, Tomer, 2013. "Effect of real-time transit information on dynamic path choice of passengers," Working papers in Transport Economics 2013:28, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- van Wee, Bert & Bohte, Wendy & Molin, Eric & Arentze, Theo & Liao, Feixiong, 2014. "Policies for synchronization in the transport–land-use system," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-9.
- Cheng, Yung-Hsiang & Chen, Ssu-Yun, 2015. "Perceived accessibility, mobility, and connectivity of public transportation systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 386-403.
- repec:eee:transa:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:89-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peer, Stefanie & Knockaert, Jasper & Verhoef, Erik T., 2016.
"Train commuters’ scheduling preferences: Evidence from a large-scale peak avoidance experiment,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 314-333.
- Stefanie Peer & Jasper Knockaert & Erik Verhoef, 2015. "Train Commuters' Scheduling Preferences: Evidence from a Large-Scale Peak Avoidance Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-078/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hernandez, Sara & Monzon, Andres & de Oña, Rocío, 2016. "Urban transport interchanges: A methodology for evaluating perceived quality," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 31-43.
- Guo, Zhan, 2011. "Mind the map! The impact of transit maps on path choice in public transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 625-639, August.
- Suman, Hemant K. & Bolia, Nomesh B. & Tiwari, Geetam, 2017. "Comparing public bus transport service attributes in Delhi and Mumbai: Policy implications for improving bus services in Delhi," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 63-74.
- Canca, David & Barrena, Eva & De-Los-Santos, Alicia & Andrade-Pineda, José Luis, 2016. "Setting lines frequency and capacity in dense railway rapid transit networks with simultaneous passenger assignment," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 251-267.
- Xu, Xin-yue & Liu, Jun & Li, Hai-ying & Jiang, Man, 2016. "Capacity-oriented passenger flow control under uncertain demand: Algorithm development and real-world case study," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 130-148.
- Nassir, Neema & Hickman, Mark & Malekzadeh, Ali & Irannezhad, Elnaz, 2016. "A utility-based travel impedance measure for public transit network accessibility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 26-39.
- Yang, Lixing & Zhang, Yan & Li, Shukai & Gao, Yuan, 2016. "A two-stage stochastic optimization model for the transfer activity choice in metro networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 271-297.
- Ceder, Avishai & Chowdhury, Subeh & Taghipouran, Nima & Olsen, Jared, 2013. "Modelling public-transport users’ behaviour at connection point," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 112-122.
- Cheng, Yung-Hsiang & Tseng, Wei-Chih, 2016. "Exploring the effects of perceived values, free bus transfer, and penalties on intermodal metro–bus transfer users' intention," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 127-138.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:58-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chowdhury, Subeh & Ceder, Avishai (Avi), 2016. "Users’ willingness to ride an integrated public-transport service: A literature review," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 183-195.
More about this item
KeywordsTransfer cost Transfer penalty Path choice Public transport London Underground;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:45:y:2011:i:2:p:91-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.