The influence of quality and price on the demand for urban transport: the case of university students
The aim of this work is to estimate a transport demand function for university students in the Bilbao area and to obtain the main variables that condition this demand. To do this, we use a nested logit model. First, we estimate price and time elasticities, and second the potential effects of changing the available supply of public transport in order to draw new collective transport users away from private vehicles.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 38 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlsson, Fredrik, 1999.
"The Demand for Intercity Public Transport: The Case of Business Passengers,"
Working Papers in Economics
12, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fredrik Carlsson, 2003. "The demand for intercity public transport: the case of business passengers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 41-50.
- Jeffrey Brown & Daniel Hess & Donald Shoup, 2001. "Unlimited Access," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 233-267, August.
- Brown, Jeffery & Hess, Daniel Baldwin & Shoup, Donald, 2001. "Unlimited Access," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt96t810rj, University of California Transportation Center.
- David Hensher, 2001. "The valuation of commuter travel time savings for car drivers: evaluating alternative model specifications," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 101-118, May.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, December.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2004.
"What type of vehicle do people drive? The role of attitude and lifestyle in influencing vehicle type choice,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 201-222, March.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2004. "What type of vehicle do people drive? The role of attitude and lifestyle in influencing vehicle type choice," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7vg1057g, University of California Transportation Center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:38:y:2004:i:8:p:607-614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.