The influence of quality and price on the demand for urban transport: the case of university students
The aim of this work is to estimate a transport demand function for university students in the Bilbao area and to obtain the main variables that condition this demand. To do this, we use a nested logit model. First, we estimate price and time elasticities, and second the potential effects of changing the available supply of public transport in order to draw new collective transport users away from private vehicles.
Volume (Year): 38 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2004.
"What type of vehicle do people drive? The role of attitude and lifestyle in influencing vehicle type choice,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt7vg1057g, University of California Transportation Center.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2004. "What type of vehicle do people drive? The role of attitude and lifestyle in influencing vehicle type choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 201-222, March.
- Brown, Jeffery & Hess, Daniel Baldwin & Shoup, Donald, 2001. "Unlimited Access," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt96t810rj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & ,, 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, May.
- Fredrik Carlsson, 2003.
"The demand for intercity public transport: the case of business passengers,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 41-50.
- Carlsson, Fredrik, 1999. "The Demand for Intercity Public Transport: The Case of Business Passengers," Working Papers in Economics 12, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Brown & Daniel Hess & Donald Shoup, 2001. "Unlimited Access," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 233-267, August.
- David Hensher, 2001. "The valuation of commuter travel time savings for car drivers: evaluating alternative model specifications," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 101-118, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:38:y:2004:i:8:p:607-614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.