Evaluation of travel demand measures and programs: a data envelopment analysis approach
Traffic congestion in urban as well as suburban areas has increased steadily in the United States despite substantial increases in federal, state and local spending. While no adequate responses to control the growth of congestion have been identified, travel demand management (TDM) has become a recognized policy option. Despite the recognition of TDM measures as a potential option, few methods have been suggested that can critically evaluate the improvements achieved through these measures at individual worksites or can isolate the effects of particular measures. This paper presents such a methodology and applies that methodology to 33 worksites that have TDM programs in effect.
Volume (Year): 32 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Chu, Xuehao & Fielding, Gordon J. & Lamar, Bruce W., 1992. "Measuring transit performance using data envelopment analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 223-230, May.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert F. Conrad & Robert P. Strauss, 1986. "A Comparative Application of Data Envelopment Analysis and Translog Methods: An Illustrative Study of Hospital Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Modarres, Ali, 1993. "Evaluating employer-based transportation demand management programs," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 291-297, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:32:y:1998:i:5:p:331-343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.