Why do online tourists need sellers' ratings? Exploration of the factors affecting regretful tourist e-satisfaction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Radojevic, Tijana & Stanisic, Nemanja & Stanic, Nenad, 2015. "Ensuring positive feedback: Factors that influence customer satisfaction in the contemporary hospitality industry," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 13-21.
- Tsiros, Michael & Mittal, Vikas, 2000. "Regret: A Model of Its Antecedents and Consequences in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 401-417, March.
- Helen Hasan & George Ditsa, 1999. "The Impact of Culture on the Adoption of IT: An Interpretive Study," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 7(1), pages 5-15, January.
- Alba, Joseph W & Marmorstein, Howard, 1987. "The Effects of Frequency Knowledge on Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 14-25, June.
- Inman, J.J. & Zeelenberg, M., 2002. "Regret in repeat purchase versus switching decisions : The attenuating role of decision justifiability," Other publications TiSEM 44060120-bd30-40e0-a97f-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Choi, Jayoung & Geistfeld, Loren V., 2004. "A cross-cultural investigation of consumer e-shopping adoption," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 821-838, December.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & Zeelenberg, Marcel, 2002. "Regret in Repeat Purchase versus Switching Decisions: The Attenuating Role of Decision Justifiability," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 116-128, June.
- Kevin K.W. Ho & Byungjoon Yoo & Seunghee Yu & Kar Yan Tam, 2007. "The Effect of Culture and Product Categories on the Level of Use of Buy-It-Now (BIN) Auctions by Sellers," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 15(4), pages 1-19, October.
- Filieri, Raffaele & Alguezaui, Salma & McLeay, Fraser, 2015. "Why do travelers trust TripAdvisor? Antecedents of trust towards consumer-generated media and its influence on recommendation adoption and word of mouth," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 174-185.
- J. Jeffrey Inman & James S. Dyer & Jianmin Jia, 1997. "A Generalized Utility Model of Disappointment and Regret Effects on Post-Choice Valuation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 97-111.
- Kim, Myung-Ja & Chung, Namho & Lee, Choong-Ki, 2011. "The effect of perceived trust on electronic commerce: Shopping online for tourism products and services in South Korea," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 256-265.
- Geert Hofstede, 1983. "The Cultural Relativity of Organizational Practices and Theories," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 14(2), pages 75-89, June.
- Kai H Lim & Kwok Leung & Choon Ling Sia & Matthew KO Lee, 2004. "Is eCommerce boundary-less? Effects of individualism–collectivism and uncertainty avoidance on Internet shopping," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(6), pages 545-559, November.
- Swinyard, William R, 1993. "The Effects of Mood, Involvement, and Quality of Store Experience on Shopping Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 271-280, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Papadopoulou, Georgia & Xesfingi, Sofia, 2018. "Understanding cruise passengers’ motivations: The case of Greece," MPRA Paper 89840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Min Zhou & Xiaoqun Liu & Guoan Tang, 2018. "Effect of urban tourist satisfaction on urban macroeconomics in China: A spatial panel econometric analysis with a spatial Durbin model," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Andrzej Dudek & Daria ElÅ¼bieta Jaremen & Izabela Michalska-Dudek, 2020. "Socio-economic factors determining the ROPO trend in the travel industry," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(6), pages 873-907, September.
- Kotiloglu, S. & Lappas, T. & Pelechrinis, K. & Repoussis, P.P., 2017. "Personalized multi-period tour recommendations," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 76-88.
- José Alberto Martínez-González & Carmen D. Álvarez-Albelo, 2021. "Influence of Site Personalization and First Impression on Young Consumers’ Loyalty to Tourism Websites," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(3), pages 1-17, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Patricia H. Born & E. Tice Sirmans, 2019. "Regret in health insurance post‐purchase behavior," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 22(2), pages 207-219, July.
- Davvetas, Vasileios & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios, 2017. "“Regretting your brand-self?” The moderating role of consumer-brand identification on consumer responses to purchase regret," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 218-227.
- Keaveney, Susan M. & Huber, Frank & Herrmann, Andreas, 2007. "A model of buyer regret: Selected prepurchase and postpurchase antecedents with consequences for the brand and the channel," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 1207-1215, December.
- Ratner, Rebecca K. & Herbst, Kenneth C., 2005. "When good decisions have bad outcomes: The impact of affect on switching behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Niladri Syam & Partha Krishnamurthy & James D. Hess, 2008. "What I Thought I Wanted? Miswanting and Regret for a Standard Good in a Mass-Customized World," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 379-397, 05-06.
- Joaquin Gómez-Miñambres & Eric Schniter, 2017. "Emotions and Behavior Regulation in Decision Dilemmas," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-25, May.
- Florian Teleaba & Sorin Popescu & Marieta Olaru & Diana Pitic, 2021. "Risks of Observable and Unobservable Biases in Artificial Intelligence Predicting Consumer Choice," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 23(56), pages 102-102, February.
- Özalp Özer & Yanchong Zheng, 2016. "Markdown or Everyday Low Price? The Role of Behavioral Motives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 326-346, February.
- Kozak, Metin, 2010. "Holiday taking decisions – The role of spouses," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 489-494.
- He, Xin & Mittal, Vikas, 2007. "The effect of decision risk and project stage on escalation of commitment," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 225-237, July.
- Samer Sarofim & Elizabeth Minton & Amabel Hunting & Darrell E. Bartholomew & Saman Zehra & William Montford & Frank Cabano & Pallab Paul, 2020. "Religion's influence on the financial well‐being of consumers: A conceptual framework and research agenda," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 1028-1061, September.
- Mannetti, Lucia & Pierro, Antonio & Kruglanski, Arie, 2007. "Who regrets more after choosing a non-status-quo option? Post decisional regret under need for cognitive closure," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 186-196, April.
- Enrico Diecidue & Nils Rudi & Wenjie Tang, 2012. "Dynamic Purchase Decisions Under Regret: Price and Availability," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 9(1), pages 22-30, March.
- Jamie L. Grigsby & Robert D. Jewell & Colin Campbell, 2021. "Have your cake and eat it too: how invoking post-purchase hyperopia mitigates impulse purchase regret," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 75-89, March.
- Hoelzl, Erik & Loewenstein, George, 2005. "Wearing out your shoes to prevent someone else from stepping into them: Anticipated regret and social takeover in sequential decisions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 15-27, September.
- Laros, Fleur J.M. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E.M., 2005. "Emotions in consumer behavior: a hierarchical approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1437-1445, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shih, Eric & Schau, Hope Jensen, 2011. "To Justify or Not to Justify: The Role of Anticipated Regret on Consumers’ Decisions to Upgrade Technological Innovations," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 242-251.
- Axel Sonntag, 2013. "Search Costs in Consumer Product Choice: Does Delaying the Provision of Information increase Choice Efficiency?," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) 13-05, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Park, Jeong-Yeol & Jang, SooCheong (Shawn), 2013. "Confused by too many choices? Choice overload in tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-12.
- Rong Chen & Jianmin Jia, 2012. "Regret and performance uncertainty in consumer repeat choice," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 353-365, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTourist; Seller rating; High uncertainty avoidance; Regret; Cognitive dissonance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:413-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.