A dynamic linear economy with characteristic-based endogenous technical coefficients
We develop a characteristic-based model for the endogenous determination of technical coefficients in a linear economy and use it to describe the dynamics of the economy as driven by changes in knowledge. The use of the characteristic approach to determine technical coefficients makes our model suitable to be interpreted as a first attempt towards the formulation of a formal knowledge-based model of technology.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982.
"Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 147-162, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 102-103, April.
- von Tunzelmann, Nick & Wang, Qing, 2007. "Capabilities and production theory," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 192-211, June.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1993.
"In search of useful theory of innovation,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 108-108, April.
- Antonio D'Agata, 2010. "Endogenous Adaptive Dynamics In Pasinetti Model Of Structural Change," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 333-363, 05.
- Marsden, James & Pingry, David & Whinston, Andrew, 1974. "Engineering foundations of production functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 124-140, October.
- Cimoli, Mario & Dosi, Giovanni, 1995. "Technological Paradigms, Patterns of Learning and Development: An Introductory Roadmap," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 243-68, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521472838 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2006. "Technologies as problem-solving procedures and technologies as input--output relations: some perspectives on the theory of production," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 173-202, February.
- Metcalfe, John S. & Foster, John & Ramlogan, Ronnie, 2003.
"Adaptive Economic Growth,"
Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers
30637, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Philip Auerswald & Stuart Kauffman & Jose Lobo & Karl Shell, 1998.
"The Production Recipes Approach to Modeling Technological Innovation: An Application to Learning By Doing,"
98-11-100, Santa Fe Institute.
- Auerswald, Philip & Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Shell, Karl, 2000. "The production recipes approach to modeling technological innovation: An application to learning by doing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 389-450, March.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-96, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521443258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2010. "On the nature of technologies: knowledge, procedures, artifacts and production inputs," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 173-184, January.
- Marshall, Alfred, 1890.
"The Principles of Economics,"
History of Economic Thought Books,
McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number marshall1890.
- Olsson, Ola, 2000. " Knowledge as a Set in Idea Space: An Epistemological View on Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 253-75, September.
- Fabio Montobbio, 2000.
"An Evolutionary Model of Industrial Growth and Structural Change,"
KITeS Working Papers
121, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2000.
- Montobbio, Fabio, 2002. "An evolutionary model of industrial growth and structural change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 387-414, December.
- J. Stan Metcalfe, 2010. "Technology and economic theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 153-171, January.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521432825 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:23:y:2012:i:3:p:195-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.