Happiness, pride and elite sporting success: What population segments gain most from national athletic achievements?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Szymanski, Stefan, 2010.
"National well-being and international sports events,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 158-171, April.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Ed Diener, 1994. "Assessing subjective well-being: Progress and opportunities," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 103-157, February.
- Robert J. MacCulloch & Rafael Di Tella & Andrew J. Oswald, 2001.
"Preferences over Inflation and Unemployment: Evidence from Surveys of Happiness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 335-341, March.
- DiTella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001. "Preferences over inflation and unemployment: Evidence from surveys of happiness," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 2004. "Money, Sex and Happiness: An Empirical Study," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(3), pages 393-415, October.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Steffen Rätzel & Joachim Weimann, 2006. "Der Maradona Effekt: Wie viel Wohlfahrt schafft die deutsche Nationalmannschaft?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(2), pages 257-270, May.
- David Forrest, 2003. "Sport and Gambling," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 598-611, Winter.
- Michael A. Shields & Stephen Wheatley Price, 2005. "Exploring the economic and social determinants of psychological well-being and perceived social support in England," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(3), pages 513-537.
- Paul Downward & Joseph Riordan, 2007. "Social Interactions And The Demand For Sport: An Economic Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 518-537, October.
- Sotiriadou, Kalliopi (Popi) & Shilbury, David, 2009. "Australian Elite Athlete Development: An Organisational Perspective," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 137-148, August.
- Wicker, Pamela & Prinz, Joachim & von Hanau, Tassilo, 2012. "Estimating the value of national sporting success," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 200-210.
- De Bosscher, Veerle & De Knop, Paul & van Bottenburg, Maarten & Shibli, Simon & Bingham, Jerry, 2009. "Explaining international sporting success: An international comparison of elite sport systems and policies in six countries," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 113-136, August.
- Tim Pawlowski & Christoph Breuer & Jorge Leyva, 2011. "Sport Opportunities and Local Well-being: Is Sport a Local Amenity?," Chapters,in: The Economics of Sport, Health and Happiness, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paul Downward & Simona Rasciute, 2011. "Does sport make you happy? An analysis of the well-being derived from sports participation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 331-348.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vörös, Tünde, 2017.
"Költség-haszon elemzési keretrendszer sportberuházások társadalmi-gazdasági értékeléséhez
[An economic framework for cost-benefit analysis of sports facilities]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 394-420.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:70:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0044-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pawlowski, Tim & Downward, Paul & Rasciute, Simona, 2014. "Does national pride from international sporting success contribute to well-being? An international investigation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 121-132.
- Kristiansen, Elsa & Skirstad, Berit & Parent, Milena M. & Waddington, Ivan, 2015. "‘We can do it’: Community, resistance, social solidarity, and long-term volunteering at a sport event," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 256-267.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:21:y:2018:i:1:p:63-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:44:y:2014:i:c:p:113-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:3:p:309-321 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPhysical activity; Elite performance; Pride; Happiness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:16:y:2013:i:2:p:226-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.