‘We can do it’: Community, resistance, social solidarity, and long-term volunteering at a sport event
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hallmann, Kirstin & Breuer, Christoph & Kühnreich, Benedikt, 2013. "Happiness, pride and elite sporting success: What population segments gain most from national athletic achievements?," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 226-235.
- Pawlowski, Tim & Downward, Paul & Rasciute, Simona, 2014. "Does national pride from international sporting success contribute to well-being? An international investigation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 121-132.
- Christine Green, B., 2001. "Leveraging Subculture and Identity to Promote Sport Events," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, May.
- Allen, Justine B. & Shaw, Sally, 2009. ""Everyone rolls up their sleeves and mucks in": Exploring volunteers' motivation and experiences of the motivational climate of a sporting event," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 79-90, May.
- Costa, Carla A. & Chalip, Laurence & Christine Green, B. & Simes, Caet, 2006. "Reconsidering the Role of Training in Event Volunteers' Satisfaction," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 165-182, September.
- N/A, 1996. "Events," Psychology and Developing Societies, , vol. 8(2), pages 287-288, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuksel, Mujde & McDonald, Mark A. & Milne, George R. & Darmody, Aron, 2017. "The paradoxical relationship between fantasy football and NFL consumption: Conflict development and consumer coping mechanisms," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 198-210.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:4:p:325-337 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1400-:d:144189 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1468-:d:145101 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSports events; Volunteers; Community; Solidarity; Identity; Ski flying;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:18:y:2015:i:2:p:256-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.