Asymptotic theory for curve-crossing analysis
We consider asymptotic properties of curve-crossing counts of linear processes and nonlinear time series by curves. Central limit theorems are obtained for curve-crossing counts of short-range dependent processes. For the long-range dependence case, the asymptotic distributions are shown to be either multiple Wiener-Itô integrals or integrals with respect to stable Lévy processes, depending on the heaviness of tails of the underlying processes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 117 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kratz, Marie F. & León, JoséR., 1997. "Hermite polynomial expansion for non-smooth functionals of stationary Gaussian processes: Crossings and extremes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 237-252, March.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 1996. "Asymptotic normality of regression estimators with long memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 317-335, September.
- Biao Wu, Wei & Min, Wanli, 2005. "On linear processes with dependent innovations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(6), pages 939-958, June.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A more general central limit theorem for m-dependent random variables with unbounded m," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 115-124, April.
- Shimizu, Kunio & Tanaka, Minoru, 2003. "Expected number of level-crossings for a strictly stationary ellipsoidal process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 305-310, September.