Density estimation for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity
This article studies density and parameter estimation problems for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity. We propose a simple density estimate that is particularly useful for studying the stationary density of nonlinear time series models. Under a general dependence structure, we establish the root n consistency of the proposed density estimate. For parameter estimation, a Bahadur type representation is obtained for the conditional maximum likelihood estimate. The parameter estimate is shown to be asymptotically efficient in the sense that its limiting variance attains the Cramér-Rao lower bound. The performance of our density estimate is studied by simulations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Jian-Feng Yao, 2000. "On Least Squares Estimation for Stable Nonlinear AR Processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 316-331, June.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 385-426.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate," NBER Working Papers 5346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Constantinides, George M, 1992. "A Theory of the Nominal Term Structure of Interest Rates," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 531-52.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A more general central limit theorem for m-dependent random variables with unbounded m," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 115-124, April.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Jose Alexandre Scheinkman, 1993.
"Back to the Future: Generating Moment Implications for Continuous-Time Markov Processes,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Scheinkman, Jose Alexandre, 1995. "Back to the Future: Generating Moment Implications for Continuous-Time Markov Processes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 767-804, July.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell, 2004. "Adaptive Testing In Continuous-Time Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(05), pages 844-882, October.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Courtadon, Georges, 1982. "The Pricing of Options on Default-Free Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 75-100, March.
- Peter Hall & Qiwei Yao, 2003. "Inference in Arch and Garch Models with Heavy--Tailed Errors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 285-317, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:155:y:2010:i:1:p:71-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.