Density estimation for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity
This article studies density and parameter estimation problems for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity. We propose a simple density estimate that is particularly useful for studying the stationary density of nonlinear time series models. Under a general dependence structure, we establish the root n consistency of the proposed density estimate. For parameter estimation, a Bahadur type representation is obtained for the conditional maximum likelihood estimate. The parameter estimate is shown to be asymptotically efficient in the sense that its limiting variance attains the Cramér-Rao lower bound. The performance of our density estimate is studied by simulations.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Hall & Qiwei Yao, 2003. "Inference in Arch and Garch Models with Heavy--Tailed Errors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 285-317, January.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995.
"Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate,"
NBER Working Papers
5346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996. "Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 385-426.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Scheinkman, Jose Alexandre, 1995.
"Back to the Future: Generating Moment Implications for Continuous-Time Markov Processes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 767-804, July.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Jose Alexandre Scheinkman, 1993. "Back to the Future: Generating Moment Implications for Continuous-Time Markov Processes," NBER Technical Working Papers 0141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A more general central limit theorem for m-dependent random variables with unbounded m," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 115-124, April.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Constantinides, George M, 1992. "A Theory of the Nominal Term Structure of Interest Rates," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 531-52.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell, 2004. "Adaptive Testing In Continuous-Time Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(05), pages 844-882, October.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Courtadon, Georges, 1982. "The Pricing of Options on Default-Free Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 75-100, March.
- Jian-Feng Yao, 2000. "On Least Squares Estimation for Stable Nonlinear AR Processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 316-331, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:155:y:2010:i:1:p:71-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.