Parametric Conditional Monte Carlo Density Estimation
In applied density estimation problems, one often has data not only on the target variable, but also on a collection of covariates. In this paper, we study a density estimator that incorporates this additional information by combining parametric estimation and conditional Monte Carlo. We prove an approximate functional asymptotic normality result that illustrates convergence rates and the asymptotic variance of the estimator. Through simulation, we illustrate the strength of its finite sample properties in a number of standard econometric and financial applications.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Canberra, ACT 2601|
Phone: +61 2 6125 3807
Fax: +61 2 6125 0744
Web page: http://rse.anu.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- AÃ¯t-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Peng, Heng, 2009. "Nonparametric Transition-Based Tests for Jump Diffusions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1102-1116.
- R. Anton Braun & Huiyu Li & John Stachurski, 2011. "Generalized Look-Ahead Methods for Computing Stationary Densities," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-558, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Siem Jan Koopman & Eugenie Hol Uspensky, 2002. "The stochastic volatility in mean model: empirical evidence from international stock markets," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 667-689.
- He, Zhongzhi (Lawrence) & Huh, Sahn-Wook & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2010. "Dynamic Factors and Asset Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(03), pages 707-737, June.
- Zhao, Zhibiao, 2010. "Density estimation for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 155(1), pages 71-82, March.
- Daniel R. Smith & Allan Layton, 2007. "Comparing Probability Forecasts in Markov Regime Switching Business Cycle Models," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing,Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2007(1), pages 79-98.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:cbeeco:2011-562. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.