Testing for rate dependence and asymmetry in inflation uncertainty: Evidence from the G7 economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sandy Suardi & O.T.Henry & N. Olekalns, "undated". "Testing for Rate-Dependence and Asymmetry in Inflation Uncertainty: Evidence from the G7 Economies," MRG Discussion Paper Series 0306, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Olan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Sandy Suardi, 2006. "Testing for Rate-Dependence and Asymmetry in Inflation Uncertainty:Evidence from the G7 Economies," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 959, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eitrheim, Oyvind & Terasvirta, Timo, 1996.
"Testing the adequacy of smooth transition autoregressive models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 59-75, September.
- Eitrheim, Øyvind & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1995. "Testing the Adequacy of Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 56, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Sandy Suardi & O.T.Henry & N. Olekalns, "undated".
"Equity Return and Short-Term Interest Rate Volatility: Level Effects and Asymmetric Dynamics,"
MRG Discussion Paper Series
0206, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Olan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Sandy Suardi, 2005. "Equity Return and Short-Term Interest Rate Volatility : Level Effects and Asymmetric Dynamics," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 941, The University of Melbourne.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Sudipto Bhattacharya & George M Constantinides (ed.), Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Hwang, Y., 2001. "Relationship between inflation rate and inflation uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 179-186, November.
- Ball, Laurence, 1992.
"Why does high inflation raise inflation uncertainty?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 371-388, June.
- Laurence Ball, 1990. "Why Does High Inflation Raise Inflation Uncertainty?," NBER Working Papers 3224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brenner, Robin J. & Harjes, Richard H. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1996. "Another Look at Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Apergis, Nicholas, 2004. "Inflation, output growth, volatility and causality: evidence from panel data and the G7 countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 185-191, May.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. "Nobel Lecture: Inflation and Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 451-472, June.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- David E. Runkle & Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Davis, George K & Kanago, Bryce E, 2000. "The Level and Uncertainty of Inflation: Results from OECD Forecasts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 58-72, January.
- Grier, Kevin B. & Perry, Mark J., 1998. "On inflation and inflation uncertainty in the G7 countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 671-689, August.
- Daal, Elton & Naka, Atsuyuki & Sanchez, Benito, 2005. "Re-examining inflation and inflation uncertainty in developed and emerging countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 180-186, November.
- Robert B. Davies, 2002. "Hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternative: Linear model case," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(2), pages 484-489, June.
- Olan T. Henry & Sandy Suardi, 2004. "Testing for a Level Effect in Short-Term Interest Rates," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 924, The University of Melbourne.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Korap, Levent, 2010. "Threshold GARCH modeling of the inflation & inflation uncertainty relationship: historical evidence from the Turkish economy," MPRA Paper 31765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen Miller & Chih-Chuan Yeh, 2010.
"Does a threshold inflation rate exist? Quantile inferences for inflation and its variability,"
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 619-641, December.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen M. Miller & Chih-Chuan Yeh, 2007. "Does a Threshold Inflation Rate Exist? Quantile Inferences for Inflation and Its Variability," Working papers 2007-45, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen M. Miller & Chih-Chuan Yeh, 2009. "Does a Threshold Inflation Rate Exist? Quantile Inferences for Inflation and Its Variability," Working Papers 0921, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics, revised Dec 2009.
- Bredin, Don & Fountas, Stilianos, 2018.
"US inflation and inflation uncertainty over 200 years,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 141-159, August.
- Don Bredin & Stilianos Fountas, 2018. "US Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty Over 200 Years," Discussion Paper Series 2018_04, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2018.
- Svetlana Makarova, 2014. "Risk and Uncertainty: Macroeconomic Perspective," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 129, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Levent, Korap, 2009.
"Enflasyon ve enflasyon belirsizliği ilişkisi için G7 ekonomileri üzerine bir inceleme
[An investigation for the inflation and inflation uncertainty relationship upon the G7 economies]," MPRA Paper 19478, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Diaz Vela & Svetlana Makarova, 2013.
"Inflation fan charts, monetary policy and skew normal distribution,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
13/06, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Diaz & Svetlana Makarova, 2014. "Term Structure Of Inflation Forecast Uncertainties And Skew Normal Distributions," Discussion Papers in Economics 14/01, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Wojciech Charemza & Carlos Díaz & Svetlana Makarova, 2015. "Ex-post Inflation Forecast Uncertainty and Skew Normal Distribution: ‘Back from the Future’ Approach," Discussion Papers in Economics 15/09, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- James Payne, 2009. "Inflation targeting and the inflation-inflation uncertainty relationship: evidence from Thailand," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 233-238.
- Noureddine Benlagha, 2014. "Volatility Linkage of Nominal and Index-linked Bond Returns: A Multivariate BEKK-GARCH Approach," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 4, pages 49-60, November.
- Korap, Levent & Saatçioğlu, Cem, 2009. "New time series evidence for the causality relationship between inflation and inflation uncertainty in the Turkish economy," MPRA Paper 19246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsyplakov Alexander, 2010. "The links between inflation and inflation uncertainty at the longer horizon," EERC Working Paper Series 10/09e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- James Payne, 2009. "Official dollarization in El Salvador and the inflation-inflation uncertainty nexus," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(12), pages 1195-1199.
More about this item
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:94:y:2007:i:3:p:383-388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.