Mildly explosive autoregression under weak and strong dependence
A limit theory is developed for mildly explosive autoregression under both weakly and strongly dependent innovation errors. We find that the asymptotic behaviour of the sample moments is affected by the memory of the innovation process both in the in the form of the limiting distribution and, in the case of long range dependence, in the rate of convergence. However, this effect is not present in least squares regression theory as it is cancelled out by the interaction between the sample moments. As a result, the Cauchy regression theory of Phillips and Magdalinos (2007a) is invariant to the dependence structure of the innovation sequence even in the long memory case.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (44) 0115 951 5620
Fax: (0115) 951 4159
Web page: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/grangercentre/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magdalinos, Tassos & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009. "Limit Theory For Cointegrated Systems With Moderately Integrated And Moderately Explosive Regressors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 482-526, April.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 1996. "Asymptotic normality of regression estimators with long memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 317-335, September.
- L Giraitis & P C B Phillips, .
"Uniform limit theory for stationary autoregression,"
05/23, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2006. "Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 51-60, 01.
- Liudas Giraitis & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2004. "Uniform Limit Theory for Stationary Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1475, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Aue, Alexander & Horv th, Lajos, 2007. "A Limit Theorem For Mildly Explosive Autoregression With Stable Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 201-220, April.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Magdalinos, Tassos, 2007.
"Limit theory for moderate deviations from a unit root,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 115-130, January.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Tassos Magdalinos, 2004. "Limit Theory for Moderate Deviations from a Unit Root," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1471, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 2007. "Regression With Slowly Varying Regressors And Nonlinear Trends," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 557-614, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgts:08/05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.