Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- N/A, 2008. "Introductory Remarks," China Report, , vol. 44(1), pages 31-32, February.
- Menezes, Flavio M., 2008. "An Introduction to Auction Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199275991, June.
- Simon Williams & Sharon Boden, 2004. "Consumed with Sleep? Dormant Bodies in Consumer Culture," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 9(2).
- Stella Chatzitheochari & Sara Arber, 2009. "Lack of sleep, work and the long hours culture: evidence from the UK Time Use Survey," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 23(1), pages 30-48, March.
- Seale, Clive & Boden, Sharon & Williams, Simon & Lowe, Pam & Steinberg, Deborah, 2007. "Media constructions of sleep and sleep disorders: A study of UK national newspapers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 418-430, August.
More about this item
KeywordsSleep; Health; Biomedicalisation; Customisation; Workplace napping; Modafinil; Pharmaceuticals; Biopolitics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:79:y:2013:i:c:p:40-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.