The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Molyneux, Sassy & Geissler, P. Wenzel, 2008. "Ethics and the ethnography of medical research in Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 685-695, September.
- Fairhead, James & Leach, Melissa & Small, Mary, 2006. "Where techno-science meets poverty: Medical research and the economy of blood in The Gambia, West Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 1109-1120, August.
- Gikonyo, Caroline & Bejon, Philip & Marsh, Vicki & Molyneux, Sassy, 2008. "Taking social relationships seriously: Lessons learned from the informed consent practices of a vaccine trial on the Kenyan Coast," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 708-720, September.
- Christopher Colvin & Steven Robins & Joan Leavens, 2010. "Grounding 'Responsibilisation Talk': Masculinities, Citizenship and HIV in Cape Town, South Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 1179-1195.
- Anne Case & Cally Ardington, 2006. "The impact of parental death on school outcomes: Longitudinal evidence from South Africa," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 43(3), pages 401-420, August.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Africa; Ethics; Surveillance research; Obligation and reciprocity; Kinship; Local relations; HIV testing; Participation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:77:y:2013:i:c:p:118-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.