Where does the waiting list begin? A short review of the dynamics and organization of modern waiting lists
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Naylor, C. David & Levinton, Carey M. & Wheeler, Susan & Hunter, Linda, 1993. "Queueing for coronary surgery during severe supply-demand mismatch in a Canadian referral centre: A case study of implicit rationing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 61-67, July.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy, 2005. "Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 201-215, May.
- Magnus Tambour, 1997. "The Impact of Health Care Policy Initiatives on Productivity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 57-70.
- Diderichsen, Finn, 1995. "Market reforms in health care and sustainability of the welfare state: lessons from Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 141-153.
- Hanning, Marianne, 1996. "Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-35, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Creemers, Stefan & Beliën, Jeroen & Lambrecht, Marc, 2012. "The optimal allocation of server time slots over different classes of patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 508-521.
More about this item
KeywordsWaiting lists Supply Demand Health systems System rationing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:62:y:2006:i:12:p:3157-3160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .