Impacts of financial crisis on social engagement in Hong Kong
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Michael Lokshin, 2007. "Lasting Impacts of Indonesiaâ€™s Financial Crisis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 27-56.
- Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette & van Praag, Bernard M. S., 2006.
"The Compensating Income Variation of Social Capital,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2529, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wim Groot & Henriëtte Maassen van den Brink & Bernard M.S. van Praag, 2007. "The Compensating Income Variation of Social Capital," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-050/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Wim Groot & Henriette Maassen van den Brink & Bernard M.S. van Praag, 2007. "The Compensating Income Variation of Social Capital," CESifo Working Paper Series 1889, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jiho Jang, 2003. "Economic Crisis and its Consequences," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 51-70, April.
- Chang, Shu-Sen & Gunnell, David & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Cheng, Andrew T.A., 2009. "Was the economic crisis 1997-1998 responsible for rising suicide rates in East/Southeast Asia? A time-trend analysis for Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1322-1331, April.
- Ana Cristina Fernandes & Andreas Novy, 2010. "Reflections on the Unique Response of Brazil to the Financial Crisis and its Urban Impact," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 952-966, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2006.
"Urban Resurgence and the Consumer City,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 43(8), pages 1275-1299, July.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb, 2006. "Urban Resurgence and the Consumer City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2109, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hans Skifter Andersen, 2002. "Can Deprived Housing Areas Be Revitalised? Efforts against Segregation and Neighbourhood Decay in Denmark and Europe," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(4), pages 767-790, April.
- Richard Estes, 2004. "Development Challenges of the "New Europe"," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 123-166, November.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2003. "Economic Crises and Natural Disasters: Coping Strategies and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1087-1102, July.
- Lily M. Hoffman, 2003. "The marketing of diversity in the inner city: tourism and regulation in Harlem," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 286-299, June.
- Cutler, David M. & Knaul, Felicia & Lozano, Rafael & Mendez, Oscar & Zurita, Beatriz, 2002.
"Financial crisis, health outcomes and ageing: Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 279-303, May.
- David M. Cutler & Felicia Knaul & Rafael Lozano & Oscar Mendez & Beatriz Zurita, 2000. "Financial Crisis, Health Outcomes and Aging: Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s," NBER Working Papers 7746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wim Groot & Henriëtte Brink & Bernard Praag, 2007. "The Compensating Income Variation of Social Capital," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(2), pages 189-207, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Socioeconomic change; Social engagement; Voluntary organization;
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
- H12 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Crisis Management
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:41:y:2012:i:5:p:623-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.