Research in economics and management in France: A bibliometric study using the h-index
This paper presents an application of new measures of research excellence, namely Hirsch's index (2005) and derived indexes. It gives a ranking of French departments of Economics, departments of Management and Business schools based on the quality of the academic environment offered by these institutions using these measures. It argues that, since the bulk of the research is done by a very small number of researchers, a greater concentration of the best researchers seems necessary for France to achieve international visibility in Economics and Management.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DREZE, Jacques H; & ESTEVAN, Fernanda, .
"Research and higher education in economics: can we deliver the Lisbon objectives,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1941, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DREZE, Jacques & ESTEVAN, Fernanda, 2006. "Research and higher education in economics: can we deliver the Lisbon objectives ?," CORE Discussion Papers 2006051, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Denis Fougère & Dominique Goux & Eric Maurin, 1998.
"Formation continue et carrières salariales. Une évaluation sur données individuelles,"
98-43, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Denis FOUGÈRE & Dominique GOUX & Éric MAURIN, 2001. "Formation continue et carrières salariales. Une évaluation sur données individuelles," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 62, pages 49-69.
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Naïla Hayek, 2008.
"On the Robustness of the h-index: a mathematical approach,"
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Naïla Hayek, 2008. "On the Robustness of the h-index: a mathematical approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(78), pages 1-9.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 1999.
"La publication d’articles de recherche en économie en France,"
99-68, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Pierre-Philippe COMBES & Laurent LINNEMER, 2001. "La publication d'articles de recherche en économie en France," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 62, pages 5-47.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:78:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Bertrand Crettez & Naïla Hayek, 2006. "Characterization of Stochastic Dominance for Discrete Random Variable," Post-Print halshs-00446413, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:329-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.