Research in economics and management in France: A bibliometric study using the h-index
This paper presents an application of new measures of research excellence, namely Hirsch's index (2005) and derived indexes. It gives a ranking of French departments of Economics, departments of Management and Business schools based on the quality of the academic environment offered by these institutions using these measures. It argues that, since the bulk of the research is done by a very small number of researchers, a greater concentration of the best researchers seems necessary for France to achieve international visibility in Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 39 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 1999.
"La publication d’articles de recherche en économie en France,"
99-68, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2001. "La publication d'articles de recherche en économie en France," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 62, pages 5-47.
- DREZE, Jacques & ESTEVAN, Fernanda, 2006.
"Research and higher education in economics: can we deliver the Lisbon objectives ?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006051, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DREZE, Jacques H; & ESTEVAN, Fernanda, . "Research and higher education in economics: can we deliver the Lisbon objectives," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1941, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Naïla Hayek, 2008.
"On the Robustness of the h-index: a mathematical approach,"
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Naïla Hayek, 2008. "On the Robustness of the h-index: a mathematical approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(78), pages 1-9.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:78:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Bertrand Crettez & Naïla Hayek, 2006. "Characterization of Stochastic Dominance for Discrete Random Variable," Post-Print halshs-00446413, HAL.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2001:i:62:p:03 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2001:i:62:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:329-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.