Perceived facilitators and barriers to saving among low-income youth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996.
"Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1797-1855, December.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1995. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Department of Economics Working Papers 1995-02, McMaster University.
- Martin Browning & Annamaria Lusardi, 1996. "Household Saving: Micro Theories and Micro Facts," Discussion Papers 96-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Amanda Moore & Sondra Beverly & Mark Schreiner & Michael Sherraden & Margaret Lombe & Esther Y. N. Cho & Lissa Johnson & Rebecca Vonderlack, 2001. "Saving, IDA Programs, and Effects of IDAs: A Survey of Participants," Microeconomics 0108002, EconWPA, revised 27 Dec 2001.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Elliott III, William, 2009. "Children's college aspirations and expectations: The potential role of children's development accounts (CDAs)," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 274-283, February.
- Beverly, Sondra G. & Sherraden, Michael, 1999. "Institutional determinants of saving: implications for low-income households and public policy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 457-473.
- Shefrin, Hersh M & Thaler, Richard H, 1988. "The Behavioral Life-Cycle Hypothesis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 609-643, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wheeler-Brooks, Jennifer, 2011. "How parents decide to participate and save in their children's asset-building accounts: Implications for practice, policy, and theory," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 955-962, June.
- Gina Chowa & Mathieu Despard, 2014. "The Influence of Parental Financial Socialization on Youth’s Financial Behavior: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 376-389, September.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9519-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:81:y:2017:i:c:p:178-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Annette Otto & Paul Webley, 2016. "Saving, Selling, Earning, and Negotiating: How Adolescents Acquire Monetary Lump Sums and Who Considers Saving," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 342-371, July.
- Okech, David, 2013. "The independent effects of socio-demographic and programmatic factors on economic strain among parents in a Child Savings Accounts program," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 950-959.
- Terri Friedline & Mary Rauktis, 2014. "Young People Are the Front Lines of Financial Inclusion: A Review of 45 Years of Research," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 535-602, October.
- Terri Friedline & Stacia West, 2016. "Financial Education is not Enough: Millennials May Need Financial Capability to Demonstrate Healthier Financial Behaviors," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 649-671, December.
More about this item
KeywordsIndividual development account (IDA) Children' s savings account Asset-based social welfare Savings;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:38:y:2009:i:5:p:757-763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .