Do realized betas exhibit up/down market tendencies?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Shyh-Wei Chen & Chung-Hua Shen, 2007. "Evidence of the duration-dependence from the stock markets in the Pacific Rim economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(11), pages 1461-1474.
- Woodward, George & Marisetty, Vijaya B., 2005. "Introducing non-linear dynamics to the two-regime market model: Evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 559-581, September.
- Lunde A. & Timmermann A., 2004.
"Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 253-273, July.
- Asger Lunde & Allan Timmermann, 2000. "Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1216, Econometric Society.
- Lunde, Asger & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003. "Duration Dependence in Stock Prices: An Analysis of Bull and Bear Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 4104, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 119-136, Suppl. De.
- Henriksson, Roy D & Merton, Robert C, 1981. "On Market Timing and Investment Performance. II. Statistical Procedures for Evaluating Forecasting Skills," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 513-533, October.
- Gonzalez, Liliana & Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Wilson, Antony, 2005. "Two centuries of bull and bear market cycles," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 469-486.
- Eitrheim, Oyvind & Terasvirta, Timo, 1996.
"Testing the adequacy of smooth transition autoregressive models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 59-75, September.
- Eitrheim, Øyvind & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1995. "Testing the Adequacy of Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 56, Stockholm School of Economics.
- J. David Spiceland & Jerry E. Trapnell, 1983. "The Effect Of Market Conditions And Risk Classifications On Market Model Parameters," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(3), pages 217-222, September.
- Chi-Young Choi & Young-Kyu Moh, 2007. "How useful are tests for unit-root in distinguishing unit-root processes from stationary but non-linear processes?," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(1), pages 82-112, March.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim, 1997. "Intraday periodicity and volatility persistence in financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 115-158, June.
- Holmes, Mark J. & Maghrebi, Nabil, 2004. "Asian real interest rates, nonlinear dynamics, and international parity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 387-405.
- Fabozzi, Frank J & Francis, Jack Clark, 1977. "Stability Tests for Alphas and Betas over Bull and Bear Market Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1093-1099, September.
- Bhardwaj, Ravinder K & Brooks, LeRoy D, 1993. "Dual Betas from Bull and Bear Markets: Reversal of the Size Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 269-283, Winter.
- Ping-Huang Chou & Huimin Chung & Erh-Yin Sun, 2005. "Detecting mutual fund timing ability using the threshold model," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(13), pages 829-834.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Ho-Chuan Huang, 2000. "Tests of regimes - switching CAPM," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 573-578.
- Estrada, Javier, 2007. "Mean-semivariance behavior: Downside risk and capital asset pricing," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 169-185.
- Huang, Ho-Chuan (River), 2003. "Tests of regime-switching CAPM under price limits," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 305-326.
- Fabozzi, Frank J & Francis, Jack C, 1979. "Mutual Fund Systematic Risk for Bull and Bear Markets: An Empirical Examination," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1243-1250, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Mohammad, Nazeeruddin, 2014. "Matching perception with the reality—Performance of Islamic equity investments," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 175-189.
- Beach, Steven L., 2011. "Semivariance decomposition of country-level returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 607-623, October.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015.
"The market timing ability and return performance of Islamic equities: An empirical study,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-183.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015. "The Market Timing Ability and Return Performance of Islamic Equities: an Empirical Study," Working Papers 1436-6, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
More about this item
KeywordsRealized betas Bull and bear markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:18:y:2009:i:3:p:511-519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.