Mutual Fund Systematic Risk for Bull and Bear Markets: An Empirical Examination
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Iorio, Amalia & Faff, Robert, 2000. "An analysis of asymmetry in foreign currency exposure of the Australian equities market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 133-159, June.
- Jiong Gong & Ping Jiang & Shu Tian, 2016. "Contractual mutual fund governance: the case of China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 543-567, April.
- Manakyan, Herman & Liano, Kartono, 1997. "Performance of mutual funds before and after closing to new investors," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 257-269.
- Soosung Hwang & Christian Pedersen, 2002. "On Empirical Risk Measurement with Asymmetric Returns Data," Working Papers wp02-03, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Michael G. Ferri & H. Dennis Oberhelman & Rodney L. Roenfeldt, 1984. "Market Timing And Mutual Fund Portfolio Composition," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 7(2), pages 143-150, June.
- Romacho, Joao Carlos & Cortez, Maria Ceu, 2006. "Timing and selectivity in Portuguese mutual fund performance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 348-368, September.
- Carl R. Chen & Steve Stockum, 1986. "Selectivity, Market Timing, And Random Beta Behavior Of Mutual Funds: A Generalized Model," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(1), pages 87-96, March.
- Anandi Sahu & Robert Kleiman & Joseph Callaghan, 1998. "The Timing and Stock Selection Abilities of Bank Funds: Evidence Based on Meta-Analysis," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 137-152, April.
- Hao Fang & Yang-Cheng Lu & Hwey-Yun Yau, 2014. "The Effects of Stock Characteristics on the Direction and Extent of Herding by Foreign Institutional Investors in the Taiwan Stock Exchange," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(2S), pages 60-74, March.
- Woodward, George & Brooks, Robert, 2009. "Do realized betas exhibit up/down market tendencies?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 511-519, June.
- Woodward, George & Marisetty, Vijaya B., 2005. "Introducing non-linear dynamics to the two-regime market model: Evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 559-581, September.
- Safi Ullah Khan & Zaheer Abbas, 2013. "Does Equity Derivatives Trading Affect the Systematic Risk of the Underlying Stocks in an Emerging Market: Evidence from Pakistan’s Futures Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 63-80, Jan-June.
- Yaya, OlaOluwa S. & Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2014. "The persistence and asymmetric volatility in the Nigerian stock bull and bear markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 463-469.
- repec:spt:admaec:v:8:y:2018:i:6:f:8_6_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chiao, Chaoshin & Hung, Ken & Srivastava, Suresh C., 2003. "Taiwan stock market and four-moment asset pricing model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 355-381, October.
- Fabrice Hervé, 2006. "Les fonds de pension protègent-ils les investisseurs des évolutions du marché?," Working Papers CREGO 1060101, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Hao FANG & Yang-Cheng Lu & Hwey-Yun Yau & Yen-Hsien Lee, 2013. "Stock Characteristics Herded By Foreign Investors With Higher Abnormal Returns In The Taiwan Stock Market," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 232-245, December.
- Daniel Capocci & Albert Corhay & Georges Hubner, 2005.
"Hedge fund performance and persistence in bull and bear markets,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 361-392.
- Capocci Daniel & Corhay Albert & Hübner Georges, 2004. "Hedge Fund Performance and Persistence in Bull and Bear Markets," Finance 0402018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moy, Ronald L. & Lee, Ahyee & Lee, Cheng F., 1995. "Bulls, bears, and value line's rankings," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 179-187.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:34:y:1979:i:5:p:1243-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.