Market segmentation and information values of earnings announcements: Some empirical evidence from an event study on the Chinese stock market
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Terpstra, Robert H. & Fan, Dennis K. K., 1993. "Dispersion of financial analysts forecasts of earnings per share and trading volume: the Hong Kong experience," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 277-285, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-617, December.
- Hua He & Jiang Wang, 1995.
"Differential Information and Dynamic Behavior of Stock Trading Volume,"
NBER Working Papers
5010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- He, Hua & Wang, Jiang, 1995. "Differential Information and Dynamic Behavior of Stock Trading Volume," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(4), pages 919-72.
- Wang, Jiang, 1959- & He, Hua., 1994. "Differential information and dynamic behavior of stock trading volume," Working papers 3731-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Hua He and Jiang Wang., 1993. "Differential Information and Dynamic Behavior of Stock Trading Volume," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-228, University of California at Berkeley.
- Xu, Cheng Kenneth, 2000. "The microstructure of the Chinese stock market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 79-97.
- Ang, James S. & Ma, Yulong, 1999. "Transparency in Chinese stocks: A study of earnings forecasts by professional analysts," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-155, May.
- Chui, Andy C W & Kwok, Chuck C Y, 1998. "Cross-Autocorrelation between A Shares and B Shares in the Chinese Stock Market," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 333-53, Fall.
- Kam C. Chan & Louis T. W. Cheng & Joseph K. W. Fung, 2001. "Ownership Restrictions and Stock-Price Behavior in China," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 34(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Ma, Xianghai, 1996. "Capital controls, market segmentation and stock prices: Evidence from the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 219-239, July.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Bailey, Warren & Chung, Y. Peter & Kang, Jun-koo, 1999. "Foreign Ownership Restrictions and Equity Price Premiums: What Drives the Demand for Cross-Border Investments?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 489-511, December.
- Fung, Hung-Gay & Lee, Wai & Leung, Wai Kin, 2000. "Segmentation of the A- and B-Share Chinese Equity Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 179-95, Summer.
- Jong-Seo Choi & Chongwoo Choe, 1996.
"Explanatory Factors for Trading Volume Responses to Annual Earnings Announcements: Evidence from the Korean Stock Market,"
1996.07, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Choi, Jong-Seo & Choe, Chongwoo, 1998. "Explanatory factors for trading volume responses to annual earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 193-212, May.
- Poon, Winnie P. H. & Firth, Michael & Fung, Hung-Gay, 1998. "Asset pricing in segmented capital markets: Preliminary evidence from China-domiciled companies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 307-319, August.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 1998.
"When an event is not an event: The curious case of an emerging market,"
CFS Working Paper Series
1998/12, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 2000. "When an event is not an event: the curious case of an emerging market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 69-101, January.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1998.
"Why Does Return Volatility Differ in Chinese Stock Markets?,"
98-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1999. "Why does return volatility differ in Chinese stock markets?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 557-586, December.
- Bailey, Warren, 1994. "Risk and return on China's new stock markets: Some preliminary evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 243-260, May.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:13:y:2004:i:4:p:455-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.