Hedging downside risk: futures vs. options
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald Lien & Yiu Kuen Tse, 2000. "Hedging downside risk with futures contracts," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 163-170.
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1977. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Risk Associated with Below-Target Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 116-126, March.
- G. D. Hancock & P. D. Weise, 1994. "Competing derivative equity instruments: Empirical evidence on hedged portfolio performance," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 421-436, June.
- Wayne Y. Lee & Ramesh K. S. Rao, 1988. "Mean Lower Partial Moment Valuation and Lognormally Distributed Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(4), pages 446-453, April.
- Korsvold, P.E., 1994. "Hedging Efficiency of Forward and Option Currency Contracts," Working Papers 195, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Price, Kelly & Price, Barbara & Nantell, Timothy J, 1982. " Variance and Lower Partial Moment Measures of Systematic Risk: Some Analytical and Empirical Results," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 843-855, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca A Ricci & Marcos Chamon & Yuanyan S Zhang, 2011. "Country Insurance Using Financial Instruments," IMF Working Papers 11/169, International Monetary Fund.
- S. M. Sunoj & S. S. Maya, 2008. "The role of lower partial moments in stochastic modeling," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 223-242.
- Liu, Xiaochun & Jacobsen, Brian, 2011. "The Dynamic International Optimal Hedge Ratio," MPRA Paper 35260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Libo Yin & Liyan Han, 2015. "Hedging International Foreign Exchange Risks via Option Based Portfolio Insurance," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 151-181, January.
- Donald Lien & Michael Metz, 2001. "Corporate income tax and futures hedging," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 25(3), pages 308-315, September.
- Mattos, Fabio & Garcia, Philip & Nelson, Carl, 2008.
"Relaxing standard hedging assumptions in the presence of downside risk,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 78-93, February.
- Mattos, Fabio & Garcia, Philip & Nelson, Carl H., 2005. "Relaxing Standard Hedging Assumptions in the Presence of Downside Risk," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19040, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Calvo, Clara & Ivorra, Carlos & Liern, Vicente, 2015. "Finding socially responsible portfolios close to conventional ones," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 52-63.
- Su, EnDer, 2017. "Stock index hedging using a trend and volatility regime-switching model involving hedging cost," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 233-254.
- Demirer, Riza & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Downside risk for short and long hedgers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-44.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:10:y:2001:i:2:p:159-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.