Mean Lower Partial Moment Valuation and Lognormally Distributed Returns
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Pedro Brito & Hélder Sebastião & Pedro Godinho, 2016. "Efficient skewness/semivariance portfolios," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(5), pages 331-346, September.
- Ba Chu, 2012. "Large deviations estimation of the windfall and shortfall probabilities for optimal diversified portfolios," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 97-122, February.
- S. M. Sunoj & S. S. Maya, 2008. "The role of lower partial moments in stochastic modeling," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 223-242.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2001. "Hedging downside risk: futures vs. options," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 159-169.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2012.
"Hedging effectiveness under conditions of asymmetry,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 135-147, February.
- Cotter, John & Hanly, James, 2007. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," MPRA Paper 3501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Working Papers 200843, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Papers 1103.5411, arXiv.org.
- Grootveld, Henk & Hallerbach, Winfried, 1999. "Variance vs downside risk: Is there really that much difference?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 304-319, April.
- Ruili Sun & Tiefeng Ma & Shuangzhe Liu & Milind Sathye, 2019. "Improved Covariance Matrix Estimation for Portfolio Risk Measurement: A Review," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Demirer, Riza & Lien, Donald & Shaffer, David R., 2005. "Comparisons of short and long hedge performance: the case of Taiwan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 51-66, February.
- Korn, Olaf & Schröder, Michael & Szczesny, Andrea & Winschel, Viktor, 1996. "Risikomessung mit Shortfall-Maßen: Das Programm MAMBA - Metzler Asset Management Benchmark Analyser," ZEW Dokumentationen 96-09, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Dai, Jun & Zhou, Haigang & Zhao, Shaoquan, 2017. "Determining the multi-scale hedge ratios of stock index futures using the lower partial moments method," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 466(C), pages 502-510.
- Schröder, Michael, 1996. "Value at risk: proposals on a generalization," ZEW Discussion Papers 96-12, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Li, Xiang & Qin, Zhongfeng, 2014. "Interval portfolio selection models within the framework of uncertainty theory," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 338-344.
- Knoke, Thomas, 2008. "Mixed forests and finance -- Methodological approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 590-601, April.
- Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas, 2009. "Optimizing the shares of native tree species in forest plantations with biased financial parameters," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2825-2833, September.
- Lee, Sang-Hak & Yang, Seung-Ryong, 2000. "The Minimum Semi-Variance Hedge For Food Manufacturers In Korea," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21867, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Clasen, Christian & Griess, Verena C. & Knoke, Thomas, 2011. "Financial consequences of losing admixed tree species: A new approach to value increased financial risks by ungulate browsing," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 503-511, July.
- Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas, 2011. "Investment decisions under uncertainty--A methodological review on forest science studies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Dragicevic, Arnaud Z., 2019. "Rethinking the forestry in the Aquitaine massif through portfolio management," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Demirer, Riza, 2013. "Can advanced markets help diversify risks in frontier stock markets? Evidence from Gulf Arab stock markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 77-98.
- Demirer, Riza & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Downside risk for short and long hedgers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-44.
More about this item
Keywordsmean; partial; moment; valuation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:34:y:1988:i:4:p:446-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.