Variance and Lower Partial Moment Measures of Systematic Risk: Some Analytical and Empirical Results
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guo, Dongmei & Hu, Yi & Wang, Shouyang & Zhao, Lin, 2016. "Comparing risks with reference points: A stochastic dominance approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 105-116.
- Galagedera, Don U.A., 2007. "An alternative perspective on the relationship between downside beta and CAPM beta," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 4-19, March.
- Turan G. Bali & Nusret Cakici & Robert F. Whitelaw, 2013. "Hybrid Tail Risk and Expected Stock Returns: When Does the Tail Wag the Dog?," NBER Working Papers 19460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Post, Thierry & van Vliet, Pim, 2006.
"Downside risk and asset pricing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 823-849, March.
- Post, G.T. & van Vliet, P., 2004. "Downside Risk and Asset Pricing," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-018-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Georges Dionne & Jingyuan Li & Cedric Okou, 2012. "An Extension of the Consumption-based CAPM Model," Cahiers de recherche 1214, CIRPEE.
- Anna Rutkowska-Ziarko, 2019. "Korelacja pomiędzy rentownością a księgowymi współczynnikami beta dla polskiego sektora budowlanego," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 54, pages 371-382.
- Sung, Jin Kyung & Park, Jimi & Yoo, Shijin, 2019. "Exploring the impact of strategic emphasis on advertising versus R&D during stock market downturns and upturns," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 56-64.
- S. M. Sunoj & S. S. Maya, 2008. "The role of lower partial moments in stochastic modeling," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 223-242.
- Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2001. "Hedging downside risk: futures vs. options," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 159-169.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2012.
"Hedging effectiveness under conditions of asymmetry,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 135-147, February.
- Cotter, John & Hanly, James, 2007. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," MPRA Paper 3501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Working Papers 200843, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- John Cotter & Jim Hanly, 2011. "Hedging Effectiveness under Conditions of Asymmetry," Papers 1103.5411, arXiv.org.
- Post, Thierry & van Vliet, Pim & Levy, Haim, 2008. "Risk aversion and skewness preference," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1178-1187, July.
- Gong, Xu & Wen, Fenghua & Xia, X.H. & Huang, Jianbai & Pan, Bin, 2017. "Investigating the risk-return trade-off for crude oil futures using high-frequency data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 152-161.
- Zhangxin (Frank) Liu & Michael J. O'Neill, 2018. "Partial moment volatility indices," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 58(1), pages 195-215, March.
- Lian, Ziying & Cai, Jun & Webb, Robert I., 2020. "Oil stocks, risk factors, and tail behavior," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C).
- LesÅ‚aw Markowski, 2015. "Conditional Volatility Exposures in Asset Pricing in the Downside and Classical Framework," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 7(1).
- Pedersen, Christian S., 2000. "Separating risk and return in the CAPM: A general utility-based model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 628-639, June.
- Andrew Ang & Joseph Chen & Yuhang Xing, 2006.
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 1191-1239.
- Pavabutr, Pantisa, 2003. "An evaluation of MLPM allocation rules on emerging markets portfolios," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 73-90, March.
- Babak Eftekhari, 1998. "Lower partial moment hedge ratios," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 645-652.
- Oliver Linton & Thierry Post & Yoon‐Jae Whang, 2014.
"Testing for the stochastic dominance efficiency of a given portfolio,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 17(2), pages 59-74, June.
- Oliver Linton & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2012. "Testing for the stochastic dominance efficiency of a given portfolio," CeMMAP working papers CWP27/12, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ji Cao & Marc Oliver Rieger & Lei Zhao, 2019. "Safety First, Loss Probability, and the Cross Section of Expected Stock Returns," Working Paper Series 2019-02, University of Trier, Research Group Quantitative Finance and Risk Analysis.
- Xiaochun Meng & James W. Taylor & Souhaib Ben Taieb & Siran Li, 2020. "Scoring Functions for Multivariate Distributions and Level Sets," Papers 2002.09578, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2020.
- Xie, Nan & Wang, Zongrun & Chen, Sicen & Gong, Xu, 2019. "Forecasting downside risk in China’s stock market based on high-frequency data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 517(C), pages 530-541.
- Li Cai & Jinhua Cui & Hoje Jo, 2016. "Corporate Environmental Responsibility and Firm Risk," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 563-594, December.
- Demirer, Riza & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Downside risk for short and long hedgers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-44.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:37:y:1982:i:3:p:843-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.